Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Denver Modernism show: Attn: Kansas, Nebraska and Wyoming.

Pages: 1 11 replies

MD

Hey Kansas! and Missouri, Wyoming, Oklahoma and Nebraska. And even my blood kin in South Dakota. Why don't you cats load up, get loaded and drive on out for the Denver Modernism show. A Guaranteed good time with music, tiki, girls, cars, drinks, speakers, art and more jet age furniture and style than you could shake a wheat stalk at.

I made it out there and drank you dry...now come on out and do the same!
And I know I promised Dave from K.C. that I would keep you guys informed of any I-70 happenings and this is 50' from I-70! So there.

Our Lovely Dana Cain has made this the show of the country and can't be missed.

You know I love Kansas.....but take a break from the humidity and enjoy some Rocky mtn. air.

Luv yer dirty livers....Mr. Dale

http://www.denvermodernism.com/

I'll be there.

Jackalope - Stop by and say hey at the show, a few of us will have a tiki booth set up for the weekend.

Zulu

Will do, Zulu Magoo

I don't suppose any of you will be bringing a very small fez...about 2-3 inches tall?

MD

Tikijackalope......It was good to see the lope riding the drink delivering robot. It was good to see you there. Thanks for making the trip.

[ Edited by: Mr. Dale 2009-08-28 22:37 ]

MD

Yes....and you too Beach Bum Scott....don't be moving to Florida any time soon.

What a show! If you're within driving range, do come. The array of stuff there is impressive and tiki is well represented. I got pictures of the lope with Shag and I bought a muffler man head...now...to figure out how to get it home.

Howdy from the great Tiki void (mountains of CO).

The Denver Modernism show was a blast! The better half and I made a day of it. Lots of kewl schtuff, music and people. It will be on the calendar for next year.

Tikijackalope,
You got my head!? I about dropped my teeth when I saw it. Then the heart sunk when I saw the SOLD tag. I don't think the Miss' was quite as excited. :wink:

TF

A good time was had by all!

Dates for the 2011 show are up: August 26-27-28

And here's some of the fun I've had with the muffler man head:
http://www.blog.thelope.com/2010/12/he-sees-you-when-youre-sleeping.html

On 2009-08-30 18:29, Retro Grouch wrote:
Howdy from the great Tiki void (mountains of CO).

The Denver Modernism show was a blast! The better half and I made a day of it. Lots of kewl schtuff, music and people. It will be on the calendar for next year.

Tikijackalope,
You got my head!? I about dropped my teeth when I saw it. Then the heart sunk when I saw the SOLD tag. I don't think the Miss' was quite as excited. :wink:

MD

Lope........

Good to see that Big Head of Yours still making its world tour. Love that damn thing.

I'm feelin' a Kansas bar hop tour coming soon. Gonna need a few insights from you and the rest of the Kansas crew on the proper dives to explore. I'll p.m. you when it all comes together.

Thats right...I said "Proper Dive"

"Get your Big Head off the Bar....I'm runnin' a right proper place damnit!"

......Oh man......Mr. D.

The only proper dive I know of in Kansas is the Tropics Lounge in Wichita. I just restored photos to my 2004 post about it: http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=11454&forum=2&start=last& I haven't been there in a couple years as the cig smoke is usually pretty heavy and my aloha shirt wearin', camera totin' self is sometimes viewed with suspician....although there's usually one old timer who is glad someone thinks the place is cool and wants to tell me about the history of the place...until he realizes he doesn't actually remember.

On 2011-01-11 16:26, Mr. Dale wrote:
Lope........

Good to see that Big Head of Yours still making its world tour.  Love that damn thing.  

I'm feelin' a Kansas bar hop tour coming soon.  Gonna need a few insights from you and the rest of the Kansas crew on the proper dives to explore.  I'll p.m. you when it  all comes together.  

Thats right...I said "Proper Dive"  

"Get your Big Head off the Bar....I'm runnin' a right proper place damnit!"  

......Oh man......Mr. D.  

Pages: 1 11 replies