Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Building puffer fish

Pages: 1 9 replies

Lacking in native puffer fish here in Scotland and finding the skin of the spiny-haggis do not allow enough light to through. I set about building my own big puffer fish out of wire, glue, tissue paper, cocktail sticks and this nasty thick recycled toilet paper that my flat mate bought.

It looks a bit plain before its illuminated

[

[ Edited by: atomictonytiki on 2003-11-08 17:48 ]

[ Edited by: atomictonytiki 2006-04-22 10:47 ]

[ Edited by: atomictonytiki 2009-01-05 11:51 ]

C

Neato! 8)

Wow...

it's a sad story, but it came out looking so great!

What about the fabled Loch Ness Pufferfish, last seen with the entire clan McGarish clinging to his mighty needles?

Wow, that looks great, particularly when lit!
Another project to be added to the list...

At the weekend I went over a freinds house and noticed a funny-looking blob dangling from his light fixture. When I took a closer look, I realised that he'd turned the fixture & lampshade upside down, and stuck a soft toy pufferfish to the underside, in a vain attempt to make a pufferfish lamp. It looked awful! Must try to get a photo just to show how badly wrong some people get it.

Trader Woody

Nice work!!

It's fun (and economical) to make your own tiki bar fixtures. I just did a string of coconut shell lights that I'm pretty happy with. I'll post a pic when I get the chance.
A tip: you gan get your hands on smallish (softball sized) coconut shell halves if there's a Trader Joe's market near you - they sell their coconut ice cream in them. My mom's hooked on the stuff, so she sends me half a dozen every couple of months. These are so handy to have around - I made the string of lights with them, and they also make great and stylish replacements for the little bamboo snuffer that comes with tiki torches.

That is pure GENIUS and low impact on our marine environment. Very nice and creative work, although, I would like to see the Puffer haggis, I bet that puffer fish you made would taste better!

Chongolio

too cool!, and to think i went on ebay for mine!. now if only you could make a pirhana out of a sheeps liver(free range only chongolio) you would be set!.i really do like it, it looks right out of a shag painting.

T

Kool

Have you made others?

Awesomeness.

Thanx

Building puffer fish

atomictonytiki it's been 15 years since you posted these photos. I wish you knew that it's up again. It would be fun to see what projects you did after the puffer. This was done so well. Cheers, Wendy

Pages: 1 9 replies