Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Smokin' Menehunes live at Buster's Beach House this Sunday 8/23 @ 4pm

Pages: 1 17 replies

What a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon! Sipping a Mai-Tai, enjoying the great marina views and listening to the Smokin' Menehunes!

"The Smokin' Menehunes play the swinging jazz songs of the golden age of Hawaiian music. Imagine yourself sitting beneath the banyon tree at the old Moana Hotel in Waikiki in the 1940's and sipping on a mai tai as the Smokin' Menehunes ignite all the songs that made that era memorable." (I found that quote on their Myspace page)

Address: 168 N Marina Dr
Long Beach, CA 90803-4601
(562) 598-9431

Go to: http://www.bustersbeachhouse.com

The Smokin Menehunes are fantastic. We had the pleasure of seeing them for the first time several years ago at the first (and only, sadly) Catalina Tiki Fest, and the quote you posted sums it up. They take you back to another era, and you won't want to leave!

I'm thinkin that I will be there!!

I know that I will be there,
though a tad later than 4, as I will be coming from the surfing Museum in HB.
for the 2 bands in the parking lot,
surf then Hapa Haole sounds like a great day to me.

Jeff(btd)

Too far away for me but tell Lucas Vigor we miss him!

T

On 2009-08-21 12:48, The Sperm Whale wrote:

Me too.

JB

On 2009-08-22 09:28, tikiyaki wrote:

On 2009-08-21 12:48, The Sperm Whale wrote:

Me too.

Me three.

Woohoo and I will be there...probably with family so.....come meet the future inlaws! :P

bump

I'm going to try to make it after the Tiki Beach Fest!

WoooHoooo! What a Tiki-rrific way to end the weekend. The Smokin Menehunes once again took us all on a journey to the Islands. It was so good to see so many familiar TC faces :)

Love these guys! Thank you Smokin' Menehunes for the great entertainment. It was a perfect way to end the weekend, and we'll be seeing you all again soon for certain.

Lucas - it was a pleasure to meet you in person!

wish I could be there...fantastic band and Lucas knows his stuff....I did an interview with him on the Cocktail Nation podcast recently...a real pleasure.

KK

JB

That was fun! Glad to see all of you. What a great sunny summer way to spend a Sunday. Say that fast 5 times....

Boo hoo. I boo boo'd and arrived too late and missed the Smokin M's. But fate has given me another chance at seeing them.

Looks like they return to the city of Long Beach on Sept 20
Busters Beach House

However, someone needs to inform Mr Buster or whoever runs Busters Beach House that they do not play till 8pm as it states on their webpage.

[ Edited by: king bushwich the 33rd 2009-08-24 23:46 ]

Good times at Busters .Great to see the local Ohana support there...Jimbo, Kelly, BTD,
Mr & Mrs Spermy and the rest of the usual suspects.
Smokin Menehues sounded great as always and I feel fortunate to watch them play so
close to home on a regular basis .

No, Jim and I are not bombed out out our minds,
though it may look that way.
:o
wtf?

Jeff(btd)

Pages: 1 17 replies