Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

CHUM live at Forbidden Island - Sunday 8/23

Pages: 1 15 replies

They rocked the house at the Bali Hai during Oasis and now they're on their way for a one off show at Forbidden Island. Join us this Sunday (8/23) from 6pm to 8pm. Not to be missed!

In their own words:
CHUM is not your dad's surf music. No pretty harmonies, no old ladies from The Valley, no matching suits... Guitar, bass, drums, reverb, a bit of distortion, some attitude, and a suitcase full of bad jokes. CHUM is about a good time fueled by pints of the good stuff (insert your favorite beer here, or use Guinness as a reliable default.) CHUM hails from L.A.s South Bay. Yeah, the same area that brought you Dewey Weber, The Belairs, The Beach Boys, Black Flag, and Pennywise. Surf Music by surfers, for surfers... For those who know what a mouth full of salt water tastes like, the smell of a wetsuit that's been in your trunk a bit too long, and a crotch full of sand.

[ Edited by: Molokai Mike 2009-08-21 10:11 ]

Chum kicks serious ass!!!!!!!

TWO

Chum does kick ass. Even though their new CD is called "Super Not Cool" they are selling it and all CD's and T-shirts for $5.00
That to me seems Super Cool.
Buy it.

O
Otto posted on Fri, Aug 21, 2009 11:29 PM

I'll be there

If you haven't heard Chum do Miserlou.............

CL

We're IN.

Tonight...

Trad'r Judy and I will be there - can't wait!

Trad'r Bill

CL

I saw the pictures and it looked like a BLAST was had by all. But that's all I'll say. Shhhhh. :)

We had a great time (Chum kicked some serious ass) - and I finally got to meet some fellow TC'ers... Mai Tai and Molokai Mike are really nice guys if you were wondering. :D

S

Mai Tai, a nice guy? Ha!

Actually, he's a REALLY nice guy. :)

POST PICS, Bill!

Suzanne

MT

Okay, you asked for it! :wink: When the World's Killerest Surf Band shows up at one of the World's greatest bars, drunken shenanigans are guaranteed to ensue!

Shecky Sheckles from Meshuggah Beach Party sat in for a few songs! That was pretty rad!

Then it was time to blow the roof off the joint!

Suzanne was behind the bar, and she and the rest of the staff had the drinks a'flowin'!

Anyone care for an Old Cuban?

Or some 2070 Swizzles whipped up expertly by Paddy?

Perhaps you'd like to sample the new drink that Suzanne and I concocted that night (well, mainly Suzanne), the ElDerOtto?

Elder Otto gives it his seal of approval!

Voodoo Daddy was there, and he brought Big Jim for his virginal Forbidden Island experience.

They had such a good time that they started buying everyone shots! Uh oh!

...including shots for Goth Guy, who just turned 21 that night! Happy Birthday Goth Guy!

The shots start kicking in, and I find myself in the wrong part of this sandwich...

...ditto for Suzanne!

A new edition was made to the staff that night. Should I make the bad joke? Okay - he's a good chum!

Otto declares the night a victory!

And there was much rejoicing!

Otto had such a good time, that he lost his shirt at some point! I do have pics of a shirtless Otto running around Forbidden Island, but for once the better part of discretion keeps me from posting them.

Then it was off to La Pinata to try to sober up.

Oh look, Goth Guy came with us! Happy Birthday again, Goth Guy!

This is the part of the evening where you should never let your camera out of your site, even for just a second. Stay Classy, Alameda!

Wow, good times! Let me know when you guys roll into town again, and we'll do it all over again! I had to make the walk of shame back the next day to pick up my car.

P.S. Trad'r Bill and Trad'r Judy, good seeing you guys at Forbidden Island. You escaped the roving eye of my camera this time... hope to see you guys there again sometime soon!

O
Otto posted on Thu, Aug 27, 2009 11:53 PM

On 2009-08-26 04:27, Mai Tai wrote:
Okay, you asked for it! :wink: When the World's Killerest Surf Band shows up at one of the World's greatest bars, drunken shenanigans are guaranteed to ensue!

Otto had such a good time, that he lost his shirt at some point! I do have pics of a shirtless Otto running around Forbidden Island, but for once the better part of discretion keeps me from posting them.

Oh look, Goth Guy came with us! Happy Birthday again, Goth Guy!

etc etc

MaiTai
LOL at those captions, and fotos
thanks for the picture commentary so I can remember what I did last Sunday!
so that's what happened that night, I wondered how I ended up with that Chum shirt
do you have any live music from the night so I can remember seeing AND hearing the band? They must have been great!

MT

Sorry, no live music video of the evening. They were indeed great. And you indeed had a good time! I do have pictures of you having a good time while running around shirtless at F.I., and I can post those if you want. :D Good times last Sunday, good times!

On 2009-08-27 23:53, Otto wrote:
do you have any live music from the night so I can remember seeing AND hearing the band? They must have been great!

Larry posted a video on You Tube, but it's really dark. Ah well, at least you can hear the band. Play along to Mai Tai's photos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEjNUGnqcq4

Praise the lawd, alayyouluh. Looks like you all had a great time. I wish I lived closer.

Pages: 1 15 replies