Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

CBS News Sunday Morning - Tiki Ti's segment

Pages: 1 9 replies

O

I'm surprised it hasn't be posted yet (maybe it has) but the CBS News Sunday Morning show did a piece on Tiki Ti's in Los Angeles. There were interviews of the family that owns and runs the place, a little history, and plenty of shots of the bar at full speed on a weekend night. It was a great segment and they capped the piece by saying the bar is a national treasure.

Classic Velvets
by Song Shen

[ Edited by: Okolehao 2009-08-23 21:54 ]

That sounds like a great piece, just got home and did not see that. Will have to see if it is rebroadcast somewhere.

DC

J

I went to check YouTube hoping in the off chance someone had posted it. No luck but look what I found instead. Masters of Reality singing "Off to Tiki-Ti"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9JD5QOdI58&feature=PlayList&p=5EFD939FFBC09A7B&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=93

My sister called me this morning (from LA) and said it was a great clip.

Saw it, loved it, and recorded it. Anybody in the Monterey area stop on by and check it out if ya like. That includes you too Unga. Sadly I want a Ray's Mistake now. :(

P

I was there when that was being shot. The crew made me miss getting a Ray's Mistake before the price went back up. Nobody there knew when this was going to be shown, and then I just forgot about it.

D

Great piece thanks for posting it. Goddam if I only lived closer! I was there last summer for one or two visits. Not enough. NYC is too far from Tiki Ti.

who cares if my fave drinks there are expensive.
I love that place, and will continue to go.
I do wish I lived closer, but I will gladly make the trek to Tiki Ti
or swing by on the way to a show in LA as long as it is there.

Long live Tiki Ti!
Jeff(btd)

i liked how the camera lingered on the my luau lantern i gave mike years ago....sweet!!

Pages: 1 9 replies