Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Wife and kids to London

Pages: 1 14 replies

Anybody have any great idea's for flights?
Leaving about 06/12/03
Thanks

MB

Concord?

Concorde: The End of an era

British Airways announced today (Thursday 10th April) the retirement of its Concorde fleet of seven aircraft with effect from the end of October 2003.

The airline said that its decision had been made for commercial reasons with passenger revenue falling steadily against a backdrop of rising maintenance costs for the aircraft.

On 2003-04-14 20:41, thebaxdog wrote:
Anybody have any great idea's for flights?
Leaving about 06/12/03
Thanks

do you mean tips for handling long flights or actual airlines, agents, deals,etc.?

"do you mean tips for handling long flights or actual airlines, agents, deals,etc.?"

Yes, we are looking for deals.
Best airline, best web site, maybe agents?
And if you have tips for the long flight that would be great also!

Thank you in advance

!MONDO!

On 2003-04-15 07:46, thebaxdog wrote:
Yes, we are looking for deals.
Best airline, best web site, maybe agents?
And if you have tips for the long flight that would be great also!

try http://www.opodo.com/

my experience has been that virgin atlantic is the best transatlantic carrier (better food, movies, service, etc.). delta was probably the $hittie$t.

i recommend purchasing flight socks.

i also recommend creating some sort of dietary preference, whether you truly have one or not. if you say you're vegetarian, you'll probably get served before the rest of the herd & the food will probably be fresher & maybe even what's served in business class.

the seats near the emergency exit usually have a lot more leg space, but sometimes the seats don't recline.

might be worth wearing something a little dressier than usual & see about getting bumped up to business class (if not already there) since flights these days may have a lower occupancy than usual.

thebaxdog wrote:
Leaving about 06/12/03

Not going yourself Bax?

Does that mean your next party is on 6/13/03? If you are going, can you leave your side gates open for us?

What's a Nekkid Pool Party without a pool?...(answer: a Nekkid Party! woohoo!)

CaffeinatedCaddyDaddy

We flew to London this past February. One tip is that our non-stop from Los Angeles was pretty unbearable in its length. A quick stop-over in New York just to get out and stretch our legs (and eat non- airplane food)would have been nice.
We got really realy low fares through United on their website.

DZ

I'm also partial to Virgin Atlantic. Not only because of their service, meals and convenience of flight times, but also their tendency to overbook flights.

Huh? This is good?

Lemme s'plain...
Z-Girl and I went to the U.K. last summer and as we were waiting to check in for our flight, a Virgin rep came through the line explaining that they'd overbooked the flight - would there be anyone willing to fly out the next day (same flight/same time) in exchange for: 4-star overnight accomodations, $100 each in meal vouchers, taxi service, and round-trip tix to wherever Virgin flies good for 18 months? OK, twist my arm... we went for it! While it shortened our 15-day stay by a day (it was raining in London anyhow), we now have tix to go back this summer for FREE!

(We're heading to Ireland for 10 days in August and will be in London for a few days - lookin' to hit the Trader Vic's again, but this time with some TC'ers!)

BTW-- Virgin made the same "offer" on our return flight! We volunteered again, but at the last minute they determined that we didn't need to be 'bumped' after all. But they moved us up to FIRST CLASS for 'our graciousness' (I swear that's what he called it!) anyhow!

Yep, Virgin is the way to go in my book!

On 2003-04-15 14:46, Futura Girl wrote:
We flew to London this past February. One tip is that our non-stop from Los Angeles was pretty unbearable in its length.

as unbearable as a direct flight may be, consider arriving at yr lay over destination just in time to run roughly a mile w/ yr carry-on luggage so you don't miss yr next flight! i'd fly direct unless there's a really really cheap indirect flight w/ plenty of time at the lay over destination.

Put me firmly in the pro-Virgin Airines camp, and I'd go with a long uninterrupted flight. Having to get off the plane to join another one after just managing to fall asleep is just horrible.

Go for an aisle seat, and wander around often. I guess if you are in a group, getting a bunch of seats together isn't too bad. Having a 'hefty' stranger next to you can be a nightmare, so ask to move if someone enormous flops down next to you.

Drinking alcohol always works for me despite the health warnings, but take a bottle of water along anyway. Booze and planes are a delicate balance though. Get it right and you'll sleep like a baby. Get it wrong and you could end up strapped down and beaten like Richard Reid.

Trader Woody

Dearest Sug-party-daddy
Party starts 6/13 to 6/25? I think even the non-drinkers should be nekid by then.
The eye-tin-r-ary kinda goes like this;
KuKui nut and the little nuts go to
London
Southern Ireland
Holland
Me PARTY PARTY PARTY I might have to ask Laney for directions to her job?
Then I meet up with them in
Spain (on the coast)for the last 8+- days
I am scared and may need drugs to make it that many hours.
Even going to Hawaii and Cancun was just about to make me jump out of the window
And who is going to house sit my
Dog,2 cats, Iguana, My pool, my fully stocked TIKI bar.

Anyway, thank you for the pointers so far

A Big Dog like you affraid to fly??? Just down some Vodka and ........ooops. You don't drink. Enjoy the freak!!! (was that you on Beach and Yorktown yesterday?)

I am not afraid to fly, I just can't sit still that long.

No it was not me, the last time I came by was a week ago Thurs. when I knew you were not open DUH!

Pages: 1 14 replies