Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Lavapalooza Trader Vic's Atlanta 2009

Pages: 1 9 replies

R

WooHoo, Lavapalooza returns to Trader Vics Atlanta on Sept 5th. I hope to see some other Atlantikis there. Check out the web site for more info. http://www.lavapalooza2009.com/info.html

T
thick posted on Wed, Aug 26, 2009 1:56 AM

I'll be in Atlanta that weekend for Dragon con, staying at the Hilton. Is this going on right in the middle of the Dragon con madness?

T

If it's September 5th at the Hilton there's no way that they could avoid the Dragon Con madness...

T

Madness it is then. . .

S

Yes. A large contingent from Dragon Con head to TV every year. I suppose this just adds to that. Maybe the inside will be spared the masses during this event?

I see the Rapture coming to Atlanta. At least another zooed-out event like Oasis 9. Trader Vic will be turning in his grave.

T

On 2009-08-26 11:39, Swanky wrote:
Yes. A large contingent from Dragon Con head to TV every year. I suppose this just adds to that. Maybe the inside will be spared the masses during this event?

It would be cool, if the inside was open & mellow during this, would enjoy a mellow dinner, to unwind with the special lady friend.

By the way. . .Derek Yaniger at Dragon con. . .Sweet, gonna buy me a print

P
pablus posted on Tue, Sep 1, 2009 5:26 AM

ATL Trader Vics should send Tiki Kiliki and Swanky a gift certificate, a flight and a couple of rooms every time they throw one of these parties for re-awakening that awesome space to the public eye.

Before the Hukilau and the monthly tiki parties Kiliki threw there, that place was a tomb - even during conventions.

Enjoy Tongo Hiti - they are a great exotica band.
Except when they do that Madonna cover.

they should get "the Surge"(surf band) from Clarkston) not far from Atlanta, to play also.

Jeff(btd)

T

On 2009-09-01 13:00, bigtikidude wrote:
they should get "the Surge"(surf band) from Clarkston) not far from Atlanta, to play also.

Jeff(btd)

The Surge is always good..
I think that they played at the last Lavapalooza along with Tongo Hiti though...
I know that there is plenty of talent that would be willing to play at Trader Vic's Atlanta...
I would love to see a show with Grinder Nova, Daikaiju, El Capitan and Thee Skallywags, The Surge, Novarays, Tikiyaki Orchestra, Stolen Idols, The Intoxicators!, The Disasternauts, or even Los StraitJackets there... The possibilities could be endless...

on the other hand... It's Dragon Con weekend... I will go nowhere near there...

I'm going to be at Drive Invasion that weekend (also in Atlanta) watching Los Straitjackets, The Woggles, Wanda Jackson, Detroit Cobras, El Capitan and Thee Skallywags, Grinder Nova... plus movies till dawn... :)
The Penetrators were also scheduled to perform there too... I totally wanted to see them too... I'm sure there is one amazing afterlife jam going on with Spanky Twangler and Rip Thrillby both gone though...

Pages: 1 9 replies