Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Drink Umbrella Lamp

Pages: 1 6 replies

It's cool and looks like it was a lot of work, but they called cocktail umbrellas "girlie drink accessories" - what's up with that!!!??? :x

That lamp is amazing! It reminds me of the ceiling in the lobby at the Belagio in Vegas... Truly a unique idea and nicely done :)

over the past several or so years i have seen various incarnations of umbrella lamps..some were swag lamps, others, table lamps....it's an idea that has been around for some time and executed by various artists...interesting shape choice on this one though...

TT

Interesting shape.

Does anyone know how they made it? How do you fasten them together? how do we do this with all the drink umbrellas we've collected????? Does it fade??

:drink:
Tacky

I've made several drink umbrella shades using simply Elmer's white glue.

It looks like the artist used a wire frame and started from the top, working his way down. If I were to build a structure of this size, I would likely wrap the frame of the shade's sides with a more sturdy lining and then cover with the drink umbrellas.

Tacky, how are ya?

I bet you could make an interesting shade by taking a pre-made lamp shade, poking holes in it, and gluing the umbrellas into the holes. You would have to measure out the holes to get even coverage and it wouldn't be free-form like that one, but I think it would turn out cool. And yes, I think they would eventually fade.

Pages: 1 6 replies