Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

My 22nd Birthday Luau

Pages: 1 6 replies

J

My birthday was back in May, but I figured that people here would still enjoy the pictures. I posted a few here, but the full album is on my myspace
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=4411081&albumId=2585314
In the album are pictures of my party at my aunt and uncles home in Palm Springs. My aunt gave a hula lesson, we had limbo contest, and lots of fun dancing and good times to be had. because of the amount of pictures, I put the limbo contest in it's own album which can be seen here:
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=4411081&albumId=2589355

This is the picture I used to send the invite in people's emails. I added the glasses to make it look more like me :)

This is the cake my friend clarissa made for me. At our last party, she made irish car-bomb cupcakes, which is the filling is made with whiskey, the batter is mixed with Guinness beer, and the frosting is mixed with Bailey's Irish creme. They were such a hit, that I asked her to make me a cake for my birthday, which she did and also made more cupcakes(below)

And here's a picture of me and my friends sitting in my dining room. You can see the cake on the table too

And my aunt (in the picture) made me this cool shadow box of stuff from the Venus lounge in Vegas.

And also my first shag prints

The invite is a really great image.

J

Why Thank you. I just used the microsoft paint program to add the glasses.

Looks like you had fun - I like your retro lamps :)

WooHoo! Happy Belated Birthday :)

J

@Trad'r Bill: Thanks. I have a bunch in my house. I'll post some pictures in the other forum

@WooHooWahine: Thank you! :)

L

Happy Belated as well--oh and welcome to TC :)

BTW...Irish carbomb cupcakes are killer...so are Guiness cupcakes. My friend is a baker and those 2 flavors are among her most popular.

Post more of the mid century stuff in Beyond Tiki Finds...you will have tons of admirers on here for sure!

Pages: 1 6 replies