Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

The Moving Feast Dinner Club ( seattle area ) 10-17-09

Pages: 1 3 replies

P

The Moving Feast Dinner club
What is it:
Alternating every other month at a different member’s home on a weekend evening. (Members can arrange to co-host with another member, if they are not comfortable having it at their own home). Consensus will determine what weekend evening of the month will be chosen.

The dinner club will meet on a bi-monthly schedule – one member of the club will host a dinner at their home and will provide the main dish. They have the choice of:
Choosing an ethnicity or style of cooking (Indonesian, Yucatan Mexican, or soul food, etc). The host will post online a selection of recipes of that chosen genre to compose an entire meal. Members can on a first come first served basis choose which recipe to make.

OR

Choosing a seasonal selection of 3 to 4 ingredients to create an entire meal, each attending member taking those ingredients and creating a course of the meal.

Where:
Each month in a different home! The first event will be in the dining room in the home of Barbara Goldman and Robert Orr (in Kenmore)
When:
The first one is Saturday October 17, 2009, 6pm – the theme – fall Harvest, Apples, Winter squash, and pork.
Why:
For exploration, elucidation, education, and just plain good times for people who like to cook, eat and drink.

Space is limited to 18 serious and committed people who would like to do this on a regular basis, basis and attend at least 15% of the events (3 times a year). So come to the first dinner and see if you would like join.

Contact us by email at [email protected]

Make me something Tripical. You know,a mai-tai,with 3 shots of rum!
My tiki mugs now on sale! see them at http:\palapalasmug.etsy.com

[ Edited by: palapala 2009-08-31 13:26 ]

P
pablus posted on Tue, Sep 1, 2009 5:16 AM

As fun as this sounds, why is it in Tiki Events?

P

Sorry. Misplace,,
We did'nt know whether to put this in food and drink or events, and it seem kinda like both.
Whereas it's not strictly Tiki, the first one will be at the "poi dog Paradise", our home Tiki lounge, and we thought we might catch the attention of some local foodie folks....
Besides... I'm going to do a more High end "Bacon explosion", and I know what a siren song that can be for some of you porkaphiles!

S

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACON!!!!

Pages: 1 3 replies