Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Trader Vic's Warehouse sale returns!

Pages: 1 2 3 142 replies

Aloha TC Ohana!
Back by popular demand… the Trader Vic’s Warehouse sale! The world was saddened by the closing of Trader Vic’s in Berlin, the bright side of that you ask? We got it all back and it will be available for your buying and viewing pleasure. We have lots of other goodies as well!
Thursday, September 24th – Saturday, September 26th from 10am to 5 pm and Sunday September 27th from 10am – 1pm.
Also, if you take your $100 or more receipt from our sale to TV Emeryville on those dates you will get a special deal!!
See ya then!
Kier and Michelie

Confirming the address, same as last time?

623 South 32nd St., Richmond, CA

Yes! Hope to see you here!

M
Murph posted on Mon, Aug 31, 2009 3:49 PM

Who's up for renting a van and road tripping from LA?

Out of curiosity, What all are they going to have for sale?

T
TikiG posted on Mon, Aug 31, 2009 3:58 PM

Murph -

I'd love to give a helping hand. Don't know if I can swing the time off of work though.

Murph,

I may be up for sharing van costs and joining you. Will the Northern Cal and Seattle TC'ers still sit with us at TV Emeryville afterwards if we crash their sale?

Sabu

This is the best news since the last Trader Vic's Warehouse sale was announced.

Can't wait, I am already counting down the days!

Excellent!

PTD

L

I am in for checking out the sale and meeting up with any Ohana that is local or comes from other areas. I may not have a big car but I can help anyone who needs it load/unload locally their purchases :)

Oh, hell yeah, it's on like Donkey Kong!!!
Aloha,
:tiki:

M

Wow, Forbidden Island parking lot sale and Trader Vic's warehouse sale on the same day. My poor poor wallet!

M

It just so happens that I'll be in SF that weekend...I'm ridiculously excited!

Tiki Chick: A Tiki Noob's Travels

B

this sounds sweet, think im gonna take my rv and tow my 12foot trailer up there...i have a special project im putting together in Palm Springs so this sale is perfect timing!!!! i live in silver lake in LA...maybe we can caravan, i should have room in my trailer to haul back anyone else's loot!

On 2009-08-31 15:49, Murph wrote:
Who's up for renting a van and road tripping from LA?

Im in Murph, send me a PM

AceyTiki and I have decided to road trip it down for this! We can't wait!

UPDATE:
We just got the container from Berlin and are beginning to unpack the treasures...
Kier and Michelie

some of the items from Berlin...

A

I have to say, I really dont' understand Trader Vic's thinking on all this. Supposedly they plan to open new restaurants in the future, but instead of saving this stuff for those new places they sell it all to the public. Great opportunity for those who can get their hands on the merchandise, but it just leaves me a bit confused.

ours is not to wonder why...ours is just to shop and buy!!

It's kinda sad to see some of the tikis have been decapitated or cut in half.:o

On 2009-09-04 08:44, arriano wrote:
I have to say, I really dont' understand Trader Vic's thinking on all this. Supposedly they plan to open new restaurants in the future, but instead of saving this stuff for those new places they sell it all to the public. Great opportunity for those who can get their hands on the merchandise, but it just leaves me a bit confused.

It's the American way. Out with the old and in with the new. Even if the new is not as aesthetically pleasing as the old.

This guy cusses a lot and gives his opinion about this sort of thing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsqwEiS-Fwo

Tiki devolution?

On 2009-09-04 10:50, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
ours is not to wonder why...ours is just to shop and buy!!

This could be trouble. Anyone from Sacratomato heading down for this?

RR

It's out with the old and in with the faux old.

err .... how do i get a big tiki from there to vancouver canada thats exactly what i want for my front yard !!!!! help guys!!

I will be dropping down from Sonomahoma with a vengeance.
Thanks for the heads up.

I

On 2009-08-31 15:11, TVWarehousegirls wrote:
... closing of Trader Vic’s in Berlin, the bright side of that you ask?
We got it all back and it will be available for your buying ...

WHAT ? ? ?
is that a wind up or just a lame joke ?
are you really serious ?

so you send all the stuff from europe 1000s and 1000s of miles in a container
back to usa ... JUST TO SELL IT THERE SOME DAYS LATER ?
this must be weirdest nonsense i heard in my whole life ...

no wonder that trader vics launches desastrous megaflops like tv-las vegas ...

couldn´t agree more to what arriano already wrote:

On 2009-09-04 08:44, arriano wrote:
... I really dont' understand Trader Vic's thinking on all this. Supposedly they plan to open new restaurants in the future,
but instead of saving this stuff for those new places
they sell it all to the public ...
... it just leaves me a bit confused.

TS

Be thankful these are 90% Balinese made tikis, and not Butamays or Wests....Out with the old China and Bali made and in with the new!

TWO

Hurry up and buy this stuff guys, they need room for all the Stainless Steel and Tempered Glass from Trader Vic's Las Vegas.
I hope I can afford some of those Styrofoam tikis.

I might be up in the area for this. If so I can haul back stuff for gas money? You can pm me.

A

My bad, I guess these tikis were decapitated before they were placed in Berlin.
Here they are in situ, headless, funny!

Will this include stuff from Las Vegas or did that already get sold?

Amy and Murph I could be down for this as well .

Oh my poor wallet! Guess I'll have to drive up there and check things out.

Do they take credit cards?

Matt the Cat and I will see you there at the opening on Thursday. Need something for over the fireplace... can't wait

I think both Tiki-related items from Vegas are already gone! :lol:

On 2009-09-08 16:25, SuperEight wrote:
Will this include stuff from Las Vegas or did that already get sold?

Yes! We will be taking credit cards!
Hope to see you all Thursday!

Kier and Michelie

what time do you open Thursday ?

Have fun all, I wont be making this one, so find some treasures!

Amy

T

For those who have attended the warehouse sale in the past;

Can you give me a rough price range for the stuff being sold? I'd like to go from San Jose, but it won't be worth the drive if everything is way out of my price range. Would I be able to buy anything for less than say, $200? Thanks

J

The past sales have had tons of stuff under $200. Mugs and bowls, dinnerware, glassware, shirts, glass floats, fabric, tote bags, ashtrays, candle holders. Probably some masks and stuff too, but I wasn't pricing larger items since I have no room.

Ooh I am as giddy as a schoolgirl... full of mai tais.
Which is a little weird for a 43 year old big dude.
Will be there first thing tomorrow am.

In regards to the price range...
I reviewed some of my photos of the prices from the last sale.
$20 skull mug, tiki bowl, rum barrell. $5 cocnut cup. Some of the mid-sized tiki posts were $200 to $400. I believe I paid with credit card.

Hmm... okay, I'm at the address given in Richmond, and it's an empty field behind what looks like a pretty rough neighborhood.
Is this some sort of semi-elaborate practical joke?

Oh crap... my numeric dyslexia kicked in and I went to south 23rd st.
n/m.
slaps self on forehead

Just got back from the sale - had a blast, but very tired... I had my heart set on purchasing one of the entrance-way marquesan tikis from Berlin, so I got to the warehouse ridiculously early... let's just say it was still dark out when I arrived in Richmond.

Entrance

Huge Moai pole

TV Warehouse Girls opening up to get some light (there was a power outage!)

The usual suspects waiting to get in

And here is my marq! He's about 6 feet tall - I think he sat to the right of the doorway in Berlin.

Thanks TV Warehouse Girls (and guys)! I'm sure I'll be back over to pester you before the sale is over.

And thanks Midnight for convincing me to get the marquesan - good lookin' out, and I definitely owe you a few Mai Tais!

Trad'r Bill

[ Edited by: Trad'r Bill 2009-09-24 13:33 ]

Nice Trader Bill ...how much???

I'll be watching this thread with envy....

I never thought I would say this...but that warehouse looks almost as cool as OA!

Have fun at the sale and please post what ya'll got!!!!!

Made it down about 10 minutes before the opening. Maybe 12 to 15 people in line when the gates were opened. I was hoping to score another pole or two similar to the ones I bought at the last sale. Only one to be found that looked close which was scooped up by Mai Tai (congratulations, my friend).

Most of the other poles were in the $300-500+ range, a little higher than the last sale, but not unreasonable. Selection was lighter than last sale, but plenty to be seen and found. I had my heart set on the 3' Moai in the pictures posted prior to the sale, but it was already sold the night before.

The Trader Vic's girls (and guys) were very pleasant and helpful. They were able to assist everyone and answer questions. They are great!

Good to see some familiar faces too, you know who you are!

Here are some shots...

Before the gates opened.

Lots to look at and marvel over.

I decided to keep it simple. I bought two candle holders. I wanted these last time and was glad I had a second opportunity to purchase them. I also wanted something different, so I bought the wood carving of the "Suffering Bastard". The girls were not sure of the origin. but mentioned often items were brought in by companies or artists to have consideration for mass production? Last shot is a side-by-side with the TV decanter.

Later,

PTD

Pages: 1 2 3 142 replies