Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Our Tiki Room in Indiana

Pages: 1 9 replies

Hello -

After posting a few pictures of our Tiki Room in New Members, I thought I would post some more pictures here. I hope this is the right place to post them.

ArmCandiTiki, welcome to Tiki Central and yes this is a good place to post those pictures. Nice use of dramatic lighting, I see you've got the liquor bottles up out of reach of the young'uns and marauding midgets :)

L

Nice room, and yes wonderful lighting indeed! Wouldn't mind having a drink or two in such an atmosphere!

RH

There's too much cool stuff to even go into!

I've gotta say that your ceiling is AMAZING - can you show pics of that from the outside? Looks quonset huttish.

Is all that red hard on the eyes after awhile??

Here is the tiki room from the outside - it is the barrel vault room over the driveway (sorry about the tree, it was the only picture I had that showed the entire house from that angle):

The camera makes the room look like it is glowing red, but it is really subdued lighting. Here it is during the daytime; it was taken quite a while ago, before we had tons of decor:

Here was the room before we started decorating. I can't believe it used to look like this; what an empty and lonely room it used to be:

L

WoW, such a difference. Great Job on it!

RH

Yeah, great job. I'm super-impressed to see such wonderful work so near me. But then again, there are many wonderful tiki rooms and bars here in Ohio, I have to give the wonderful craftmen credit.

W

Beautiful room and that's a very unique looking house, what's the story behind it?

S

Love that house!!!

Well, it's a house that my husband created in his mind back in the early '90's - then he made a small model of it - then he built it. The funny thing about the tiki room was - we made that room into an actual room - then we decided to decorate it for fun. We didn't know anything about tiki or lighting or music. Then as we decorated it each summer, it got more and more cluttered, but warmer and more fun. Then we discovered the tiki madness on the internet and in books - and then realized that's what we had been shooting for all along! So it must be in human's DNA to tikify.....and make drinks and listen to exotica and look at vintage tiki shirts with lust.

Pages: 1 9 replies