Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Hiphipahula Bartends @Tonga Hut Saturday! 9/5/09 4-8pm

Pages: 1 27 replies

I will be Bartending Saturday Sept 5th 4pm-8pm at the Tonga Hut North Hollywood Come see me! Original drink recipes & specials just for my TC Ohana!

Come out and support your local Tonga Hut Tiki Lounge & HiPhiPaHula Kelly! Show me some Hipness!

Mixing up Mai’s Tai's, Hipilicious, Jungle Jetsetter's, Hibiscus Hula's, Mug Cracker's you name it, we make it. Plus, taste The Tonga Hut's awesome Tiki Drinks from their revised drink menu,cocktails featuring our own Trader Tom & Sparkle Mark's homemade syrups. You won't find this anywhere, FRESH ingredients and the proof is in the cocktail, incredible!

What is HiP? Tell me if you think you know! Saturday Sept.5th 4-8pm Join Me!

Tonga Hut
12808 Victory Blvd
North Hollywood, CA, 91606
(818) 769-0708
since 1958

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2009-09-06 10:21 ]

T

That Mugcracker is one tasty drink !

Hut, Hut, Tonga Hut !

Cograts on the gig, Kelly! You've worked hard for it. Wish I could come up and partake but will be in San Diego. Knock 'em off their barstools!

T
TikiG posted on Thu, Sep 3, 2009 8:37 AM

Wow! Kelly!!

TAKE CHARGE OF THE HELM :)

All the best for you Hip. I'll be there in spirit..trust that..if I don't see you in person Saturday afternoon.

H

What no list of stuff for us to bring? :) I will be there at 4 if you will be there at 4 which is the best time to go there.

R

:) RAD!

I'll be there to support ya Kelly - stoked you'll finally be bartendin at Tonga Hut tho, cuz you'll be a lot more local for me :wink:

HM

Dave and I plan on going! Can't wait to see you Kelly!!!

[ Edited by: Hula Mama 2009-09-03 15:09 ]

Thanks for the support Ohana can't wait to see ya all there!

T

Yay Kelly!
Yay Tonga Hut!

Manuel and I be there to support both!

...it's great when you can support and drink rum at the same time!

Yay!

http://ericoctober.com

[ Edited by: tobunga 2009-09-03 19:18 ]

Sounds like you're ready to Host Another Room Crawl :wink:

On 2009-09-03 02:39, Hiphipahula wrote:
I will be Bartending Saturday Sept 5th 4pm-8pm at the Tonga Hut North Hollywood Come see me! Original drink recipes & specials just for my TC Ohana!

Come out and support your local Tonga Hut Tiki Lounge & HiPhiPaHula Kelly! Show me some Hipness!

Mixing up Mai’s Tai's, Hipilicious, Jungle Jetsetter's, Hibiscus Hula's, Mug Cracker's you name it, we make it. Plus, taste The Tonga Hut's awesome Tiki Drinks from their revised drink menu,cocktails featuring our own Trader Tom & Sparkle Mark's homemade syrups. You won't find this anywhere, FRESH ingredients and the proof is in the cocktail, incredible!

What is HiP? Tell me if you think you know! Saturday Sept.5th 4-8pm Join Me!

Tonga Hut
12808 Victory Blvd
North Hollywood, CA, 91606
(818) 769-0708
since 1958

TODAY 4:00pm-8:00pm Meet ma at the Tonga Hut! I will be your Happy Hour Bartender Don't forget! Happy Hour!!

$3.00 Well drinks & $2.00 Dom Beer(most)

PLUS HiPHipALicIouS NEW Tiki Cocktails and some great Classics!!! 4:00 BE THERE!!!! MAHALO!

H

On my way....

S

Kelly, this is fantastic news! Congrats! I will be seeing you there verrrry soon!

Suzanne

JB

M
Murph posted on Sun, Sep 6, 2009 8:41 AM

Wow Kelly! Congrats!
The drinks were excellent, awesome job.
That was a fun crowd yesterday.
Saturdays are Tonga Hut Days!

Great seeing Kelly rockin the drinks at the
Tonga Hut! Hip-hip-hooray for hiphipahula!
See you next Saturday!

T

Great Job Kelly . You pour a mean Coca Cola served in my tiki mug . I hate to mention though that I found a 3 foot long hair in my drink . hahahahahahahahaha I crack me up ! Congrats baby .

On 2009-09-06 14:04, TIKI-RAY wrote:
Great Job Kelly . You pour a mean Coca Cola served in my tiki mug . I hate to mention though that I found a 3 foot long hair in my drink . hahahahahahahahaha I crack me up ! Congrats baby .

oh shittttttttttttttttt did you really?? .. I shall tie it back. THANKS for the Tiki-Ray "Moai Kava Kava" mug Ray, means more coming direct from you :) avail. at Tiki Farm people go get ya one :) xoxo Ray & Cindy

TT

Kelly the most inventive barkeep around. I know whenever you're pouring it's going to be great. And last night was no exception. Really good to see you and everyone should look forward to sampling your concoctions.

The Hiphipahula happy board

The rock star herself

HM

We had so much fun last night!!!

B
Babalu posted on Sun, Sep 6, 2009 7:06 PM

YAY KELLY!!! You go kiddo! :) Wished I could have been there...next time.

TH

Hey thanks to everyone on Tiki Central who came to support Hiphipahula on her first day at the Tonga Hut! We had a great time and it was a hit! She'll be back to start our contest to see who can get their name on a permanent plaque at the legendary Tonga Hut. The rules are simple: come hang out with Hiphipahula and try a featured drink from the Grog Log. If you make it through the whole thing you're in! Starting Saturday Sep 19th with the Ancient Mariner. Thank you & good luck!

T
TikiG posted on Mon, Sep 7, 2009 7:05 AM

"..contest..""..make it through the whole thing you're in.."

What? I'm slightly confused here :roll:

One example of each drink listed in the Grog Log? Who's gonna keep track of that?!

Kelly, Please consider creating a Tonga Hut signature drink i.e. The Drooling Bastard?

Jeremy please PM me..I want to present The Tonga Hut with something cool.

Cheers! Greg

On 2009-09-07 07:05, TikiG wrote:
"..contest.."

"..make it through the whole thing you're in.."

What? I'm slightly confused here :roll:

One example of each drink listed in the Grog Log? Who's gonna keep track of that?!

Kelly, Please consider creating a Tonga Hut signature drink i.e. The Drooling Bastard?

Jeremy please PM me..I want to present The Tonga Hut with something cool.

Cheers! Greg

Well G, I'm happy to say most definitely, The Tonga Hut DOES have Original Drinks on it's menu and has for quite some time invented by our own Tiki Centralities they are,
The TONGA LEI -created by our own PiPhiRho!
The GINGER FLAME -created by Suzy atomikitty ! come on in and I'll serve you one all dressed up...ask and you will receive :)

As far as New Original Drinks We are already on it as I type! Jeremy and/or Ana will explain the The Grog Log competition better. This is an opportunity to see your name in lights so to speak... making the Tonga Hut an even better Tiki experience for you!..."Making a better Tonga Hut for the Love of Tiki"

Remember to come in SATURDAY'S 4-8pm & try a menu full of Original Trade Secret Drink Recipes from Hiphipahula and Trader Tom & Hiphip! I appreciate all of you and all your support plus, I get to hang out with you all! So I will see you Saturday!

[QUOTE]

hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 22 days ago; 8:03 pm

" I just got back from Tonga Hut. I have been going there for the last ten years or so and I have to say it keeps on getting better and better. I like going there in the early afternoon when it is quiet. I had a Voodoo Juice that was out of this world and the bartender had just gotten the ingredients to make the Hibiscus Hula Cocktail, I tried one of those as well, a little too sweet for me but very good tasting. I have to say I feel real lucky to have Tonga Hut so close to my house, it is the perfect tiki bar. It is old, authentic, it has great music, it it is full of locals old and young, it has tropical drinks, it is dark, the TV shows old time movies and no sound, there are lots of tikis and artwork everywhere to enjoy and best of all, it doesn't pretend to be tiki because it is a real tiki bar from the 50's..... "

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=4848&forum=2&vpost=477679&hilite=hibiscus hula

On 2009-09-06 21:49, tonga hut wrote:
Hey thanks to everyone on Tiki Central who came to support Hiphipahula on her first day at the Tonga Hut! We had a great time and it was a hit! She'll be back to start our contest to see who can get their name on a permanent plaque at the legendary Tonga Hut. The rules are simple: come hang out with Hiphipahula and try a featured drink from the Grog Log. If you make it through the whole thing you're in! Starting Saturday Sep 19th with the Ancient Mariner. Thank you & good luck!

So we will mark you... Come in & be the first kid on the block!

Thank You Rick Babalu! and Jen thanks for all the pitcures! You all rock the Tonga!

P

I did a "Drooling Bastard" drink for the 50th Anniversary. I'll send Kelly the recipe.

And yes, there are several drinks on the Tonga Hut menu that are unique to the Tonga Hut. Kelly has already mentioned the Tonga Lei and Ginger Flame. There is also:

• Squirrel in Paradise (or something like that)
  • Sum Ting Wong
  • Voodoo Juice

and maybe some others as well.

H

Hey I have been promoting this place for a long time. :)

[quote} from 2006

I finally got a chance to go to the Tonga Hut last night. I highly recommend the place. Nicole the bartender made the best rum filled drinks in different tiki mugs. When the owners called in and found out we were TC people they bought us free drinks. The music was exotica great. The decor was great. I saw a Kirby painting on the wall as well.We met some nice people there also. For what it's worth this is one of the last remaining true tiki bars around in Southern California. I think we should support it and keep it going. Maybe we should organize a get together for all TCers to see this place and all the changes the owners have made here. I think the place needs more recognition from us since we want to see original tiki bars have staying power.

[ Edited by: hiltiki 2006-05-26 07:44 ]

[ Edited by: hiltiki 2009-09-08 19:34 ]

Pages: 1 27 replies