Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

What was your first Tiki Farm mug?

Pages: 1 14 replies

BB

In celebration of Tiki Farm’s 10th Anniversary, what was your first Tiki Farm mug?

My first Tiki Farm mug was The Pizz’s Lewis back in 2003. I saw something about an on-line sale and it being limited edition, I remember waiting for the sale to start and ordering quickly, I had no idea that Tiki Farm would still have some 5 years later but I got mine and I was happy. :lol:

So what was yours?

PREFERABLY WITH PICTURES

Yes, I’m aware that I’m totally kissing Tiki Farm ass right now. :wink:

I

I am relatively new to collecting, but one look at the Unlucky Tourist decanter and I was hooked! (Sorry no pic)

I had his 2nd mug ever made but gave it back to him cause he didn't have one.

( kicking self in head now..... Senso-Hip!!!)

LT

I actually have four "first" Tiki Farm mugs. I was driving through San Clemente, on my way home after spending a day working in Irvine and decided to stop by the Farm to grab a few mugs. I picked up Kevin Kidney's Miehana, Ken Ruzic's Pupule, Squid's Squll and Benzart's Malicious. These were also the first mugs that I had purchased that weren't vintage.

R

drinky green,black trader vics suffering bastard,yellow kula all purchased the same day@ hermosa general store(r.i.p).. see what i started???
2000+ mugs later---

Dental Tiki with a crazy crazed glaze

Warrior Tiki

and Drinky Tiki, whom I don't seem to have a photo of, which is odd.

I bought all three during a trip to Portland in 2003.

My first Tiki Farm mugs were bought from the internet and I was only going to buy the Book of the Tiki mug and that was going to be my only mug...

...and the Kula because it had real metal ear rings..

..and the Mad Marq because it was nice and green.

T

I'm pretty sure that these were my first Tiki Farm mugs. They both still have the original price tags on them.

I had been buying vintage mugs for a few years, and I remember the first time I saw a display of Tiki Farm mugs in a store. I loved them all but could only afford a few at the time. I kicked myself for years for not picking up Log when they used to have a shelf full of them at Hilo Hattie at The Block.

I knew that I enjoyed Polynesian Pop for all of the sappy, nostalgic, Enchanted Tiki Room-type reasons, but I could never really articulate it beyond that.

I now know why I fell for these mugs all those years ago. It's the sense of whimsy and joy that the early Tiki Farm mugs had. There's a little magic in them.

Drinky: purchased from House of Tiki

Dental: from Ron Jon's

TT

Mine was Drinky. Had to have a tiki mug with his own tiki mug! Bought it at Swanberg's For Men when Lauren still had the shop on 21st St. in Sacramento.

:drink:
Tacky

A8

My first Tiki Farm mug is the Tiki-San...in the picture it's the one with the glowing read eyes white fang teeth. All my mugs I've purchased so far are from Tiki Farm. My favorite is the Miehana. I also have the Unlucky Tourist, Drei Moai Volcano Bowl and the Drei Moai Scorpoin Bowl.

[ Edited by: Agent 86 2009-09-07 20:38 ]

J

My first Tiki Farm mug was the original Forbidden Island mug. That was the beginning of a collection that got way out of control really quickly!

J

I don't have a picture of it but it was a green Doug Horne mug, a tiki holding a bongo. I got it for my 22nd birthday
EDIT: Here's the one from the site

[ Edited by: Jetson 2009-09-14 16:04 ]

This is a picture from the second post I made on Tiki Central. I didn' know who made the pink mug.

Hiphipahula kindly let me know it was made by Tiki Farm, even though there wasn't any markings.

Without knowing, I had purchased my first Tiki Farm mug back in October of 2006, when I first started collecting tiki.

PTD

S

my first tiki farm mug is actually a coffee cup, or at least that is its use most of the time.

made in 2002 "SQUID" it is smiling on one side and frowning on the other and all of my six grandkids love to point at the happy or sad face on the tiki...it is loved by generations and is used frequently.

TS

My first mug came from way back when TikiFarm was just a TikiField. I called it "Raké-n-Baké". :lol: :P

Pages: 1 14 replies