Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Source of Lemon Hart 151 in Indiana?

Pages: 1 8 replies

Are there any stores that sell Lemon Hart 151 in Indiana? I would just order off the internet but 1)shipping is outrageous for a bottle and 2)an adult has to be here at home to sign for it, and we both work during the day so this would be hard to accomplish. My husband drives all over the state so he could probably pick some up for me.

Alternatively, next time I go to Dayton, OH I could stop somewhere in OH if someone knows of any stores there around that area. Thanks!

As far as I can tell it's not distributed in Indiana at all. I cover the state as part of my territory and I've looked in every liquor store from Indianapolis to Bloomington to the cities near Chicago. I'm yet to find it. It's not distributed in neighboring Kentucky or Ohio either.

We have it up here in Michigan. It can be a little hard to find and at about 27.00 $ a bottle a little hard on the wallet.

Well, I could just order a lot of my rums from one website and pay the $23 "1-6 bottle" blanket rate shipping....but it bites.

Milford Party Pack in Milford, IN has an impressive selection of rum....about 120 brands. Here's a review. http://rumconnection.com/uncategorized/milford-party-pack/

Thank you ann1985 for your valuable contribution to this topic. If I were a mod, your post (and mine) would never have been seen by anyone!

TWO

There have been rumors flying that say Lemon Hart will not be available in the U.S.A in the near future. I believe the source (of the rumor) is Edward Hamilton from Ministy of Rum, but could be mistaken.
If that's true, you may want to pay the outrageous shipping while you can still get it at all.

I've been told by a very well respected Mixologist that El Dorado 5 year is a superior product than the Lemon Hart 80 proof. But, sadly, there is no substitute for the Lemon Hart 151. You may want to stock up.

I don't know any liquor stores in Blooming Gulch, and I think you're out of luck if 21st Amendment Liquors in Indy or Village Bottle Shoppe in W. Lafayette don't carry it. I checked on the Binny's & Sam's websites and drew a blank, so Chicago might be a bust, too.

My only suggestions are to call 21st Amendment, (317) 291-3070, or Village Bottle Shoppe, (765) 497-3523, and ask if they might know where to look, or you can drive to Greenwood and have a Rum Cow and an Egg Roll at Lotus Garden (that won't help you, but at least you'd've had a Rum Cow & an Egg Roll, which is more than you'll probably get from the other two).

MN

On 2009-09-22 17:53, Tai Won On wrote:
There have been rumors flying that say Lemon Hart will not be available in the U.S.A in the near future. I believe the source (of the rumor) is Edward Hamilton from Ministy of Rum, but could be mistaken.
If that's true, you may want to pay the outrageous shipping while you can still get it at all.

I've been told by a very well respected Mixologist that El Dorado 5 year is a superior product than the Lemon Hart 80 proof. But, sadly, there is no substitute for the Lemon Hart 151. You may want to stock up.

Could it be that El Dorado is spreading the rumors?? I know the El Dorado reps are telling the few liquor stores in San Diego that carry L&H the rumor. Could El D just be lying, trying to get stores to switch over without justification?

Pages: 1 8 replies