Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Trader Pang?

Pages: 1 9 replies

I was at the Orlando Hilo Hatties last night and picked up a couple of mugs labelled "Trader Pang."

Anyone know who makes them or any other info?

-Mike

Muggler,
These mugs appeared about a year ago in Hilo Hattie stores. I don't know a whole lot about the mugs however, they do appear to be cast from some of the old Orchids of Hawaii mugs (X-Eyes, R-3 Jewel Eyes).

There was a restaurant named Trader Pang's in Chico, CA that closed down a while back but I don't know if these were actually used there.

The mugs appear to be vintage because of the crazed glazing on them however, something about them leads me to believe that they are not vintage and rather, new production. I believe these mugs are made in China.

Hope this info helps.

Thanks for the info, Poly-Pop! I agree, they are probably new production, as they had several different glazes on them and they all appeared unused.

Thanks for the info, Poly-Pop! I agree, they are probably new production, as they had several different glazes on them and they all appeared unused.

M

I have a Trader Pang's. Is this the Mug we are talking about?

Yup, that's one of them.

The logo on the back is the same, but the glaze and style of both the ones I bought are different.

I'll try and post pics tomorrow.

-Mike

Yes, these mugs come in various colors of glaze. Some of them have contrasting glaze colors on the inside too. They have two glazes with their skull mugs too - brown and white.

DZ

"Trader Pang's" is the 'house brand' of repro mugs that Hilo Hattie's carries. To the best of my knowledge, they are all new production and are not associated with a bar or restaurant of any sort.

I am sorta currently working something out with Miami's Hilo hattie ,they are interested in carrying some of our Friendlier Kreepy tiki's, and in the course of these events I noticed they changed from Tiki farm mugs to Trader Pang's ,and asked about the change I was told by the Gemeral manager. "those mugs are a lot cheaper" nothing else. they are not vintage , or from a elusive restaurant anywhere.I promise or at least that's the way I heard it. hope this clears things up...Tikijaksin

Pages: 1 9 replies