Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

All call-to-arms to re-tikify WDW's Adventureland

Pages: 1 5 replies

HL

This weekend Disney announced plans to extensively redo the East side of WDW's Fantasyland (http://amusementinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=909) for 2011/2012.

The upshot for tiki lovers is that the mechanism for the Aladdin's Magic Carpets attraction is going to get removed from in front of the Tropical Serenade/Enchanted Tiki Room and redressed for use in the expanded Dumbo area that's being built. That leaves a gaping hole in front of the Tiki Room that's going to need to be filled. I'm guessing that Imagineering isn't going to waste its time restoring the larger water feature/seating area that was in that spot prior to the Agrabah-ification of the area, so it's an opportunity to really plus-up the area.

There's a lot of ex-Imagineering freelancing gunslinger types on the board (you know who you are!), so I'm putting this out into the universe for you and your friends to do with what you will: somebody please propose replacing the Magic Carpets with an interactive tiki playground (or another concept) to bring some tiki love back into Adventureland.

You've already got water and power lines running underground — ya'll can squirt and make things wiggle to your heart's content!

mmmm...... more Tikis at WDW, please.

KTHNXBAI!

W

As Christopher Walken would say (after his fifth mai tai),
I have a fever... and the only cure is... MORE TIKI!

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Tiki? OK, so as much as I freaking love the attention to detail in that attraction (or actually, its queue) in CA, I seriously doubt they will be able to dig a hole large enough to accommodate a ride that huge. And the movie appeal faded even faster after that last outing (if they do another one, please have him go to New Guinea, not Area 51).

But yes, it would be great to see something tiki-esque in that spot. And for the Enchanted Tiki Room to be returned to its PRIOR management instead of that dreadful "new" show. Hey, one can wish...

GK

I'm still holding out (although very unlikely) that the Tahitian Terrace will be brought back.

Mmmm... well if they're announcing it now, the plans likely have been in the works for a few years. Who knows, maybe they'll get tiki with it!

Pages: 1 5 replies