Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

When are Martiki's Coming?

Pages: 1 20 replies

Does anyone know when the Martiki's from Tiki Farm are supposed to be shipped? We got an email a while ago that said it had been pushed back until end of March, early April. No word since then. I know Tiki Farm is busy with Mondo Tiki and everything! Just wondering.

Thanks!
waikiki

While we're (sort of) on the subject, any word on when the Mai Tai Joe (Suffering Bastard) decanters are coming? Are they still planning to make them? It occurred to me that there might be a problem with people trying to resell these as originals--the mugs are easy to differentiate, especially with the black inside glaze, but this won't work too well with the decanter. I've given up on finding an affordable original on E-bay---too pricey--but even a copy would be nice, especially with Tiki Farm's quality.

Ask the Martiki!
http://www.tikiking.com/Ask_Martiki.html
"Answering your important questions since 1998"

http://www.tikiking.com Neat Tiki Stuff
http://www.mp3.com/tiki_king Hear the King sing!

[ Edited by: Tiki King on 2003-04-17 12:32 ]

I asked Holden about these items, and he said they'd show before the end of the month. Here's his message from April 2:

We've got 4 containers of new products in development. We've received our
1st, the 2nd comes in next week and then the 3rd and 4th containers finish
out our stocking needs over the next 2-3 weeks. Come the end of the 3rd
week of April, we should be 100% stocked on all new items excluding the kava
bowl & mystery bowl which are looking like a mid-May availability.
Best regards,
Holden
Tiki Farm

[ Edited by: Suburban Hipster on 2003-04-17 13:27 ]

Not sure when they will be officially release but Tiki Farm was selling them at Mondo Tiki this weekend.

Well here it is the end of the month and....yet again....no martikis. We pre-ordered months ago and then I find out that they sold them at Mondo tiki before they shipped the pre-orders out. We have not recieved any email updates from Tiki Farm in quite a while. I know they have been very busy and I love Tiki Farm, but this is just bad business.

waikiki

Just wondering (again) if anyone has gotten there's yet. Has anyone gotten email updates? Can anyone tell me if they are coming at all? I don't want to bother Holden because I know Tiki Farm is busy, but I did notice he posted as of late about the website but did not reply to this thread. I just wanted to ask once more before I email them about it.

Thanks,
waikiki

M

Sorry to say, but I have heard nothing and not seen them, and I preordered them ages ago.

-(the original) martiki (!)

I spoke with Holden today. He has been running at full speed, while trying to keep 100% quality on everything from answering phones to shipping of their products.

He himself doesn't physically make all of their mugs like Munktiki does, so at times, he occasionally must wait until all of the mugs are produced, then wait for shipment to him, then unpacking, inspecting and repacking from his master cases to smaller shipping boxes for his customers. It all takes time, and we all must wait. Believe me, he doesn't want to sit on product any longer than he has to. He'd rather have you happy with your item, and him happy with the sale, in order to have more capital to produce more items for all of us to enjoy in the future.

I'll be at Tiki Farm this Thursday or Friday. If I hear any more news, I'll let you know.

Farmin'CaddyDaddy

Thanks! I'll keep waiting and try to be patient.....

waikiki

You know, if you're desperately in need of some tiki stemware, Paul and Stuckie have "Dos Tikos" over at Munktiki.....

I think I'm going to start making Bamboo Tiki Mugs, shots and flasks. A little bird landed on my shoulder and gave me a great idea today.

Stir it up

Little darlin

Stir it up

Come on baby!

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen on 2003-04-29 22:55 ]

sb,
Thanks alot. I did not know that Munktiki had those great margarita glasses! Trouble is I pre-ordered the TikiFarm glasses forever ago...still waiting on them with no updates. I will definately be ordering all my new tiki mugs from Munktiki from now on as TikiFarm has not been a satisfactory purchase. I keep hearing about how busy they are, and yet I have not received any updates on the product that I ordered and paid for. I feel like they have a responsibility to me, as the customer, to at least let me know when the glasses are coming. Again, bad business. Have you had good experiences with the people over at Munktiki? Thanks for the heads up on their new stuff!

waikiki-still waiting on my email from tikifarm-tiki

waikiki tiki,
The Munktiki folks are great people, and they deliver the goods. Their prices are a little more, but the quality is there. They run a nice little shop and everything is "hand-made", so you feel like you're getting a one-of-a-kind item. Two thumbs up!

C

On 2003-04-30 10:58, waikiki tiki wrote:
Have you had good experiences with the people over at Munktiki?

Munktiki is who reeled me into the world of tiki in the first place, they've filled my orders very quickly and post when a mug is temporarily out of stock. There's no better way to say this, their new website is a hoot!

Hey Ben, I think I know what it is.

I've had great dealings with the folks at Munktiki. I've ordered a few of their mugs and the volcano bowl over the past year. All were of excellent quality and arrived pretty quickly. I still want to pick up Uncle Shrunk and Rongo-Rongo. No luck yet in winning the weekly drawing for the free mug, though.
As for Tiki Farm, I've generally had good experience with them, too. I know Holden has had his hands in a number of projects lately, and I feel like I owe him a great deal for all he has done for the tiki community, so I'm willing to cut him a little slack. Hopefully your wait for the Martikis will pay off with a high quality product.
SB

M

The opportunity for a particular Northern California TCer's wife to jump in here with a witty bon mot is great.

midnite

On 2003-04-30 20:50, midnite_tiki wrote:

The opportunity for a particular Northern California TCer's wife to jump in here with a witty bon mot is great.

Yeah, but I don't think she's a regular TC user. D'oh!

M

Whoa! I just saw this. Er...um...

Sorry: She's registered, but not reading right now. I'm trying to fix that. But those people at Berkeley seem to think she should be working on her PhD instead. Bastards. (TC ID: Boo Loo)

And if you want to see when Martiki's coming, he's...well...nah, I'm just going leave this alone.

-martin

Hey ChickiDiablo,
Wht is it I think you know?

I'm confused?

Pages: 1 20 replies