Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Havana Club light 3 year

Pages: 1 5 replies

K
Klas posted on Wed, Sep 16, 2009 6:42 AM

I know many people here have difficulties getting Havana Club but wondered if anyone have tried their 3 year light (Anejo 3 Anos) opposed to the standard light (Anejo Blanco). Nothing wrong with the standard but I've found the 3 year to be substantially smoother and really making a difference in cocktails that are based on light rum. Unfortunately I can only get the standard here in Sweden and have to order the 3 year illegally from abroad.

T

On my most recent visit to Cuba, I mostly sipped the 6-year Anejo Reserva and the 7-year, since I couldn't trust the water in the ice for cocktails.

I did try the 3-year a few times, and I did find it fairly nice for a white rum.

However, I don't find it to be so amazing that it is worth the major effort it takes to get it, especially when there are other great whites out there, like the Matusalem for example. Or, more in the Havana Club 3-year's intended price point, Cruzan would be a better comparison.

IMO, the best white/silver/straw-colored rum out there. Well, that Diplomatico Blanco 3 Year is in the discussion. Wait, El Dorado Cask Aged 3 is there, too.

K
Klas posted on Thu, Sep 17, 2009 2:37 AM

On 2009-09-16 06:42, Klas wrote:
Unfortunately I can only get the standard here in Sweden and have to order the 3 year illegally from abroad.

I just found out that it's now actually available here.

The selection of white rums in Sweden is pretty small but I'm glad I can get Havana Club instead of Bacardi Superior which is the major white rum over here.

A

I found 3 AƱos in Tijuana this past weekend for the first time ever so I snatched up a bottle. Plan to try it soon.

I'm surprised we can't get it here. We have the Anejo Blanco, Anejo Reserva, 7 Year, Barrel Proof, and "Seleccion de Maestros". But then my go-to light rum is Cruzan. Still, I'd like to try this 3-year if it ever became available up here.

Pages: 1 5 replies