Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Las Vegas 9/17-9/20... Frankie's?

Pages: 1 3 replies

We'll be in Vegas for a few days, will anyone be at Frankie's? Anyone interested in going? We'll have our young daughter with us, so my husband and I have to go separately - I'm not really keen on hanging out at a bar by myself.
Also, is it very far from the Strip (we'll be at the Luxor)?

We're in town because Mike's band Smart Patrol (punk rock DEVO covers) is playing on Friday night 9/18 at the Double Down - so feel free to check that out if it interests you.

Terra
[email protected]
http://www.myspace.com/swangulo

H

On 2009-09-16 09:36, Swangulo Tikis wrote:

We're in town because Mike's band Smart Patrol (punk rock DEVO covers) is playing on Friday night 9/18 at the Double Down - so feel free to check that out if it interests you.

Sounds good! Wish I could be there. I'll have to watch for a local show.

Ever heard of Claw Hammer? Punk band from Long Beach. They put out a few releases, one was a cover of Devo's entire first album, "Are We Not Men...". Fun stuff.

J

Claw Hammer ?? I used to see them all the time 15+ years ago at Raji's (RIP) in Hollywood. They were my favorite local band along with the Lazy Cowgirls and the Humpers. Those were the days when the Red Hot Chili Peppers were kind of a local joke band. My how things change.

[ Edited by: JOHN-O 2009-09-16 13:35 ]

P

heh, that's funny. those guys stayed with me when i lived in lincoln, ne. they had nowhere to go after the show. i made busquits and gravy in the morning. i still have a couple of their cds.

Pages: 1 3 replies