Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Kelly Hiphipahula'sTonga Hut Parties 2009-2012 Farewell pg.42

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 640 replies

New Thread name better Parties!
Friday, Saturday and Sunday's, "Hiphipahula" Kelly's Exotic Cocktails as well as Vintage Cocktails from around the Tiki globe will be served starting at only $5 4:00-8:00PM

HipHiPaHulA!

Join me for "Exotica Sunday's" Parties all weekend! Sunday is TC-Tonga Hut "Exotica Sunday" with DJ Marty Lush spinnin' the best of Exotica, Hawaiian, Surf and Lounge music! Snacks, and I'll have a brand NEW Original HipHiPaHulA Cocktail for you to try every week PLUS we are "Grog Loggin' all Friday, Saturday and Sunday's try all 78 cocktails of Beachbum Jeff Berry's Book the Grog Log and become a VIP member of the Tonga Hut's "Loyal Order of the Drooling Bastard"

I will be jigger pouring Friday's now in addition to Tiki Party Saturday and Exotica Sunday. Join me Friday's & Saturday's for something NEW but old called " Tonga Time", Happy hour, *"Tonga Time" will be from 4:00 pm-8:00 pm Friday and Saturday *and offer **$5 Exotic Cocktails ** PLUS Original HipHiPaHulA Handcrafted Tiki Cocktails starting at only $5.00. Don't forget Happy Hour, "Tonga Time" is 4-8pm everyday! $2 16oz. Miller and PBR Beer, $3.00 Well Cocktails & more! See you later today!

Tonga Hut Makes every Tiki Cocktail Rum Proper and we hand squeeze all our citrus fruits daily right here at the T.H.!

Don't forget to sign up to be immortalized at the Tonga Hut! Sign up today & complete the "Grog Log"
** Remember, I am Mixing Friday- Sunday 4:00-8:00 pm**

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=4848&forum=2&vpost=486553&hilite=grog

The Tonga Hut Since 1958
12808 Victory Blvd
North Hollywood, CA 91606
(818) 769-0708
21 and over only

Tonga Hut Since 1958
12808 Victory Blvd. North Hollywood, Ca.91606

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2012-01-20 03:37 ]

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2012-01-20 13:30 ]

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2019-12-06 10:35 ]

T

Yay Kelly!

We're heading down to Sand Diego again this weekend, but we may be back in town to catch the end of your Sunday shift!

Keep the summer going Kelly!
We are in the middle of production deadlines,
but will stop by tomorrow for a drink or two.
Need a break and a vacation!

R

Went down last night for some Scorpion, Tonga Lei (which was all fresh YUM!), and that shrimp shot?

:lol: Kelly what was the name of that shot with the shrimp? it was so good, but I couldn't remember the name!

Anywho, you TC fools best get down to the Tonga Hut and support!!!!

:wink:

:D

Hiphipahula has her game on!!
I was at Tonga Hut last night for Hiphip's shift and I have to tell you, I had cocktails that will rival ANY other tiki place in LA. Now I know what some of you nay-sayer's are thinking: "Tonga Hut? No Way." Well....WAY. HipHip has it down. I had 3 of her signature cocktails and they were each made by hand, with fresh squeezed juices and custom made exotic syrups like ancho chili and hibiscus syrup....find that at Don's or the Ti... I dare ya. You want amazing cocktails? You gotta go to Tonga Hut folks while HipHipaHula is on duty....Sat. & Sun from 4 to 8pm!!

Mahalo for the Kudos Kids! Please join me soon at the Tonga Hut Thurs, Sat & Sun 4-8 and I will keep you posted on my other shifts.

Rav that shooter is the "Shrimp shack shooter" with a real tasty prawn on the side. COME to the Tonga Hut & try one!
Thanks again all for coming out this weekend!

Is Captain Geech there, to over see the shrimp shack shooters?

Jeff(btd)

I was sorry to have missed this; then excited to see that there are on-going shifts you'll be tending at the Tonga Hut!
It's great to know of bartenders that are interested in mixology (creating your own HipHiPaHulA original cocktails!), let alone bartenders creating TIKI drinks.
Can't wait to try one (or seven).

On 2009-09-21 13:18, bigtikidude wrote:
Is Captain Geech there, to over see the shrimp shack shooters?

Jeff(btd)

Yes! Capt. Geech is my hero!!! it's a thing I do... very inspired.... :wink:

On 2009-09-22 16:22, Capt. R.H. Falernum wrote:
I was sorry to have missed this; then excited to see that there are on-going shifts you'll be tending at the Tonga Hut!
It's great to know of bartenders that are interested in mixology (creating your own HipHiPaHulA original cocktails!), let alone bartenders creating TIKI drinks.
Can't wait to try one (or seven).

Thank You! Come on down, we just keep getting better! I am there Thurs, Sat & Sundays for now. I will keep you posted.

I will be bartending This Saturday & Sunday at the Tonga Hut 4-8pm "Endless Summer" New Tiki Cocktails too! Bring your Tiki Mug for the NEW mug cabinet so your mug will be here at the T.H. when you are! Please join us. Don't forget we are running the Grog Log recipes. Finish the book when you finish the book you will forever have your name engraved onto the Tiki placard at the Tonga Hut. See this quoted post below:

" tonga hut

Hey thanks to everyone on Tiki Central who came to support Hiphipahula on her first day at the Tonga Hut! We had a great time and it was a hit! She'll be back to start our contest to see who can get their name on a permanent plaque at the legendary Tonga Hut. The rules are simple: come hang out with Hiphipahula and try a featured drink from the Grog Log. If you make it through the whole thing you're in! Starting Saturday Sep 19th with the Ancient Mariner. Thank you & good luck! "

SO!! We will start Saturday Be There! I will be!! Mahalo :)

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2009-09-28 21:24 ]

TT

I had my first one tonight! Get on it people. Don't fall behind, although it will be fun catching up!

More on the Grog log "Tonga Hut Elite"

We are ready to go at the Tonga Hut here is what you need to do to get started.

I will be featuring a Cocktail every Saturday & Sunday(unless noted) from 4-8pm at the Tonga Hut. Come in and fill out your "Tonga Hut Elite" Grog Log entry form. We will keep it at the Tonga Hut behind the bar in a note book and will be keeping count. You may try the "featured" drink that week of course BUT, you may come into the Tonga Hut anytime Sunday-Thursday 4pm-last call and Friday & Saturday 4pm-8pm and try any drink in the Grog Log have it credited to your "Elite" list (some exceptions see entry form for details). There are almost 90 drinks so let's see who gets done first.

We started last Sat. 9/26/09 In the lead is Iokona Ki'i (Jason) with 4 cocktails down 80 something to go! Tonga Tom right behind!

Good Luck everyone!!

Some exceptions apply. Drink completion and credit must be applied at the Tonga Hut at the time the drink was consumed by the member whom ordered the drink. See entry form for details.

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2009-09-28 22:19 ]

Oh, this is a dangerous game! . . . Can't wait to play! :drink:

Woohoo! I'm in the lead!
Eat my dust everyone!

Great Navy Grog Kelly!

See you all Thursday 4pm-8pm Happy Hour Specials! New Tiki Cocktails! Tonga Hut!!!

I had the privilege of experiencing not one, but TWO fabulous Hiphipahula "Endless Summer" Happy Hours this past weekend.

Along with the pleasant company of my new favorite bartender (Kelly), I enjoyed the following cocktails:

• Sunset on the Kona Kai
  • Mug Cracker
  • Hipalicious
  • Coconut Burn
  • Hibiscus Hula
  • Hula in the Dark
  • and a couple other cocktails (the names of which have been lost in the ether)

I can say, without reservation, that these were some of the best cocktails (tiki or otherwise) that I've had in some time. Absolutely top-notch work, Kelly -- THANK YOU.

I look forward to future visits (and only lament living so far away from the glorious TONGA HUT).

Cheers!

On 2009-09-19 01:31, Hiphipahula wrote:
HipHiPaHulA! Join me for Tiki Happy Hour at the Tonga Hut on Thursday Saturday & Sunday's 4-8pm Today & this week of Oct. 8th

I have 3 brand new NEW Original HipHiPaHulA Cocktails for you to try. They are:

• "Dan-0's Day Off"
  • "Shaka Hula Bossa Nova"
  • "Crossing Kilauea"

Don't forget to sign up to be imortilized at the Tonga Hut! Sign up today & complete the "Grog Log"

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=4848&forum=2&vpost=486553&hilite=grog

Please visit me before you head out to the Tikiyaki Lodge Meeting Saturday! I'm just down the street!

The Tonga Hut
12808 Victory Blvd
(818) 769-0708
21 and over only

Lic.Copyright used by permission 2009 Jim Bacchi
Kelly Reilly Tom Morgan

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2009-10-08 03:38 ]

T

Nice....more cocktails named after Tikiyaki songs !

I have to say, the "sunset on the Kona Kai" is one amazing cocktail. Visit Kelly at the Tonga Hut and give it a try.

Wait and see what's next Maestro ... never ending... number12 number12...(thats me speaking backwards, ok...lol whatever)

G
GROG posted on Thu, Oct 8, 2009 12:28 PM

Are you "drunk-posting" again??????????

yes Grog perhaps Hiphip call Grog at 3:27 am & wake Grog up to see if he can sleep or if bored. :D

don't forget to wear the FEZ!!

T
TikiG posted on Fri, Oct 9, 2009 2:11 PM

Sorry Kelly I'll miss you again when bartending at Tonga Hut tomorrow :(

I'm selling at the T.O. lodge meeting and have to be on duty at 4:00pm

Will Mel and I get see you at the lodge after your shift?

after lodge meeting ... night cap at the Tonga Hut!

T
TikiG posted on Fri, Oct 9, 2009 2:29 PM

You betcha!

As a card carrying member of MOT it's
a must to stop a Tonga Hut on the way to
the lodge meeting! See you there Kelly!

P.S. And thanks for the velvet shout out on the tikiyaki thread!

S

Kelly, all of this news about the Tonga Hut makes me so happy I want to cry... Rock the f*&k ON! You're a superstar, girl! I can't wait to get down there and see you and try some of the legendary cocktails.

Suzanne

On 2009-10-10 12:10, suzanne wrote:
Kelly, all of this news about the Tonga Hut makes me so happy I want to cry... Rock the f*&k ON! You're a superstar, girl! I can't wait to get down there and see you and try some of the legendary cocktails.

Suzanne

Superstar/mixer guest appearance at Verbotten Isle? Why not?

Stopped by before the show... enjoyed the Shaka Hula Bossa Nova quite a bit! Sampled the Exotique which was quite delicious, and recommended it to PolyPop, who also very much enjoyed it. Also started my voyage through the Grog Log. Good stuff, Hiphipahula!

Arrrgh! I had a "Shaka Hula Bossa Nova" Saturday night and I am just now tonight, (Tuesday) getting over it.

I can't wait to have another!
My new favorite!
Thanks Kelly!

Yeah, I dig that Bossa Nova too. I had my first one Saturday night before heading over to the Tikiyaki shindig. Mine was extra special, 'cause it had a little coconut in there, along with the 151 rum to lessen the sweetness. It was swell!

Thanks everyone! I thank you again for all the awesome words and I'm very happy you loved the drinks! Tell a tikiphile :D
Thursday night it was fantastic to see Squid, Marty, Jason Claudette, Jason, Tom & Sherry & a whole bunch of TC (you know who you are)in the T.H. ! Thanks so much for sitting in with me!

Come see me tonight Tiki Party People! Friday! 10/16 4-8pm

It's Sunday!!! You have nothin' to do today but hang out in the 95 degree October sun and come to the Tonga Hut to finish up your weekend so, belly up to the bar with me :) Today 4-8pm

Got the Grog Log & we are going to see who is the elite among elite, lets taste them all! New Hiphip Tiki cocktails to taste and Tom Jones is on the jukebox oh!, and John Paul too! :music: coconut......:music:

G
GROG posted on Sun, Oct 18, 2009 5:26 PM

GROG off to Tonga Hut now, if anybody want to join GROG for drink this eve.

Hope to see you all this weekend 4-8pm ! Thank you Ernie, Rav's, Marty, everyone for coming out!

CA

wish i lived in the valley! some good drank'in goin' on tonight!

love ya Al! Come see me today pepo!

HipHiPaHulA! Join me for Tiki Happy Hour at the Tonga Hut on Thursday Saturday & Sunday's 4-8pm
I have 3 brand new NEW Original HipHiPaHulA Cocktails for you to try. They are:

• "Dan-0's Day Off"
  • "Exoitque"

Don't forget to sign up to be imortilized at the Tonga Hut! Sign up today & complete the "Grog Log"

The Tonga Hut
12808 Victory Blvd
(818) 769-0708
21 and over only

Kelly Reilly Tom Morgan

I will be Bartending at the Tonga Hut 4-8 on Sat. Halloween! Please join me before you make your way to your festivities or hey,just put your feet up and stay a while :) HipHiPaHulA's Original Handcrafted Tiki Cocktails $1.00 off if you let me know your a TC member!

Also, you can catch me at the Tonga Hut on Sunday as well with great Specials! 4-8 Come hang out with me!

I will be Bartending at the Tonga Hut 4-8 on Sat. Halloween! Please join me before you make your way to your festivities or hey,just put your feet up and stay a while :) HipHiPaHulA's Original Handcrafted Tiki Cocktails $1.00 off if you let me know your a TC member!

Also, you can catch me at the Tonga Hut on Sunday as well with great Specials! 4-8 Come hang out with me!

CA

so what??????? i start in the valley at 4 and work my way to the purple orchid than continue on to DTB.. then what hit the road to SanDiego???????? oh man... any drivers /limo-s out there for charity rides!!!!!!!!??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB2Cqu2slm8

just over the hill from the Santa Monica Blvd Madness... hmmmm??

[ Edited by: crazy al 2009-10-31 10:00 ]

Yes Dibroc, It's Sunday! Meet me at the Tonga Hut! 4pm-8pm I will be your Bartender! See you all there!

HipHiPaHulA! Join me for Tiki Happy Hour at the Tonga Hut on Saturday & Sunday's 4-8pm
Brand new NEW Original HipHiPaHulA Cocktails for you to try. They are:

• "Dan-0's Day Off"
  • "Exoitque"

The Tonga Hut
12808 Victory Blvd
(818) 769-0708
21 and over only

Kelly Reilly Tom Morgan

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2009-11-08 02:48 ]

J

On 2009-11-08 02:42, Hiphipahula wrote:
Yes Dibroc, It's Sunday! Meet me at the Tonga Hut! 4pm-8pm I will be your Bartender! See you all there!

Thanks for the reminder. As it just so happens, I'll be on that side of the hill today. I've only visited once since all the recent changes and I've been meaning to return. I want to post a photo of the drink menu since it's not available on the Tonga Hut website.

JOHN-O will stop by around 5:00pm.

J
JOHN-O posted on Mon, Nov 9, 2009 1:15 PM

News flash and update !! The Tonga Hut might very well be the most perfect Tiki Bar in the entire world from 4:00-8:00pm Thu, Sat, & Sun. Here's why:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=34336&forum=1&vpost=492914

whenever Grog decides to do the Winterwonderland tiki art show.
I hope that it's a night that Kelly is there.
I have been wanting to try her drinks.

Jeff(btd)

HipHiPaHulA! Join me for Tiki Happy Hour at the Tonga Hut on Saturday & Sunday's 4-8pm

I have brand new NEW Original HipHiPaHulA Cocktails for you to try every week!

Tonga Hut Makes every Tiki Cocktail Rum Proper and we hand squeeze all our citrus fruits daily right here at the T.H.!

The Tonga Hut Features,

Mount Gay
Rhum Barbancourt
Pusser's
Appleton
Coruba
Myers
Malibu
Zacapa
Zaya
Centenario
Cruzan Rums and many others!

The Tonga Hut
12808 Victory Blvd
(818) 769-0708
21 and over only

Kelly Reilly Tom Morgan

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 640 replies