Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Halloween

Pages: 1 12 replies

P

I found this blog put up by some people that do a tiki themed Halloween attraction in Simi Valley. There is lots of other tiki imagery there, too, including photos from a recent visit to the Tonga Room in San Francisco. I am thinking about a tiki halloween road trip to Simi Valley this year.

http://hauntedtikiisland.blogspot.com/

very cool!

I love it when people do stuff like this. I can totally see myself doing some elaborate Halloween display once my boys are older and I'm finally finished the basement bar.

Thanks for the link PiPhiRho!

[ Edited by: Slacks Ferret 2009-09-19 20:07 ]

A8

My office is in Simi Valley. I definitely want to check this place out!

I heard the Dynotones (HotRod-Surf band) are playing at Don the Beachcomber in Sunset Beach Ca. are playing on Halloween, and might be doing a mug release party also for their mug by tiki farm.

Jeff(btd)

R

We always do a tiki pumpkin......

UT

Well... Paul Bearer stopped by for a drink and thought the "Two to a customer" warning about the Zombie cocktail was BS! Looks like I've got another skeleton to put in my closet. Ti's the season indeed.

He tried to sober up with a coffee grog...........deadbeat.

Finally kicked Paul out of the bar and now he is happily hanging out in front of the house... literally.

Is this wrong? From Halloween last year, instead of answering the door, we pulled a bar into the driveway, decorated it, and listened to old tunes while handing out candy to the children and beverages to the adults.

WRONG?

Shorts: Check
Glo Sticks: Check
Scary Yet Oh So Cute Monsters: Check
Spider Webs: Check
Pumpkin Candle Lights: Check
Possible Tervis Tumbler w/ Handle: Possible Check
Hibiscus Plants: Check
Thatched Roof: Check
Candy: Check
Adult Beverages: Check

Hmmm, seems you got it all covered. Typical Florida Halloween!

On a side note when we moved here 30 years ago, we carved pumpkins like we did in Michigan, five days BEFORE Halloween, needless to say, the shovel was an important piece of equipment, THREE days BEFORE Halloween!

Love it, hope this Halloween you celebrate the same way!

On 2009-10-22 19:43, MobileTikiBar wrote:
Is this wrong? From Halloween last year, instead of answering the door, we pulled a bar into the driveway, decorated it, and listened to old tunes while handing out candy to the children and beverages to the adults.

If that's wrong then I don't ever want to be right!

I love it! The pictures on the blog look like they are building something that reminds me of a Theme Camp at Burning Man. I can't wait to see the finished production.

BTW, I put up the playlist for my Halloween radio show over on the Music board, and I'm going to follow up with Part 2 next Wednesday: http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=34299&forum=11&0

On 2009-10-22 19:43, MobileTikiBar wrote:

Tikis = check. Although they are kind of hidden. Maybe add some more tiki next time?

[ Edited by: nature boy 2009-10-23 10:17 ]

Pages: 1 12 replies