Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

carving virgin turning into tiki tramp(here are some of my first carvings)

Pages: 1 16 replies

L

hello all i'm new around here so i thought i would post some of my carvings.

img]

er, this is a bit awkward - Are you sure youre a virgin? Looks like youve done more than a little fooling around.. :wink:

Nice clean carves! Welcome to TC!

I am with Tamapoutini you have some serious tallent for a newbie. Lookin good! Nice burn and very clean lines. Are you going to seal or stain? Looking forward to seeing some more.

L

Hey guys, thanks for the nice comments. As far as staining goes, I have to do some test pieces because I don't really know how to do it. Also, I am going to College for Furniture Builders ticket, and a carving class to carve claw feet for furniture - I'm sure I will learn something about staining and finishing there. If you have any advice from the seasoned professionals - like what color of stain looks good on light wood, or any application techniques, it would be much appreciated. Thanks again.

L

OOh I have visions of a couch with carved tiki feet....make it happen!

Great work ...please keep posting more (esp if you can make the tiki feet idea come to life!)

L

interesting style! What's the wood? And what kind of tool use you?

Keep posting!

J.

S

Yes! very nice clean looking carves. Welcome

L

hello again!laojia the wood is pine,willow,cedar.

P

Very cool!

Diggin that last one. Good stuff.

C

Cool carvings, super neat for first ones!

Nice. I think I see a tiki with claw feet in your future. Like the couch with tiki feet idea too. The new tiki is lookin' very clean and really nice. Please post again when stained. You should get some good info from the instructer on wood staining.

L

hello all! here is another carving i'm working on. hope you all like it!by the way this forum is great so much talent i can spend hours checking out all the great work.

Good job bra! Are you using a sharpie to darken the lines? lol :P

[ Edited by: TikiGabe661 2009-10-05 09:02 ]

T

Nice. Very clean work. So have you finished (stained) the previous one yet?

L

hi all!!i'm back!!!here is somemore stuff i'm working on,i have alot more but the are still in the press at school.

L

Amazing marquetry work! Design vintage and natural color of wood, I like it!

Congrat!

J.

[ Edited by: laojia 2009-11-25 21:10 ]

awesome stuff dude

Pages: 1 16 replies