Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Jody Daily & Kevin Kidney Tiki Room items on Oct.10th!

Pages: 1 46 replies

Go to Disney Gallery.com and check out the cool items inspired by the Enchanted Tiki Room to be released at the new Disney Gallery on Sat. Oct 10th! Some great stuff! The gallery will be open starting Friday Oct. 2nd.

Thank you for posting a link Tiki-Tonga!

[ Edited by: Enchanted Tiki Guy 2009-09-29 16:54 ]

M

More info:
http://miehana.blogspot.com/2009/10/new-disneyland-enchanted-tiki-room.html

[ Edited by: Miehana 2009-10-03 22:19 ]

Why can't I live closer to Disneyland...?
Anyone know if this will be available through there Disneyana store??

BB

Is there anyone going who'd be able to pick something up for me?

LT

On 2009-09-29 22:55, spy-tiki wrote:

Disney has an 800 number for ordering park merchandise; I'll try to dig it up later tonight.

On 2009-09-29 22:55, spy-tiki wrote:

Hey spy-tiki, drop me a pm and I'll see what I can do.

[ Edited by: aquaorama 2009-09-30 11:36 ]

LT

To order merchandise sold at the Disneyland Resort -> Disneyland DelivEARS - (800) 362-4533

Ovarian Cancer Research

[ Edited by: LOL Tiki 2009-09-30 21:11 ]

I love those stackable totem mugs! Can they be ordered right on the day of the park release??

T

DelivEARS would probably be a good way to get this merchandise.

If this event is anything like the 45th Anniversary fiasco, there will be product available well after the event, and can be ordered through DelivEARS, or possibly picked up at the park in the following weeks.

Not all of the product was in stock on the day of the 45th fiasco, and many people who stood in line for hours were told that Disneyana was sold out of the items that they waited to purchase. However, the stock was replenished during the day, and many who checked back later or returned the next day were able to get what they wanted!

Many of the items, including the Tiki Babys and Rongo bowls were readily available after the event.

This was on the Disney Gallery website:
"Merchandise available while supplies last. A limited number of pieces will be available on the day of the event."
So they may already be anticipating not having everything in stock for the event, which would increase chances of ordering the items at a later date.

So you can save yourself some trouble and order from DelivEARS!

I, however, probably won't heed my own advice, and may end up in line at Disneyland...

" I, however, probably won't heed my own advice, and may end up in line at Disneyland... "

tobunga , I will probably do the same. I also was at the 45th thing and it was a bit of a mess. I was at DL today and in the Disneyana window , they had all of the new releases. It's going to be hard to choose what I want and or can get first.

T

On 2009-10-07 17:05, alohadonho wrote:
" I, however, probably won't heed my own advice, and may end up in line at Disneyland... "

tobunga , I will probably do the same. I also was at the 45th thing and it was a bit of a mess. I was at DL today and in the Disneyana window , they had all of the new releases. It's going to be hard to choose what I want and or can get first.

Oh yes... decisions, decisions... probably going to go for the stackable mugs, since I don't have a single Enchanted Tiki Room mug yet! And the Tiki Babies... my favorite is the tangaroa-looking one, and it's out in this set!

Incidentally, is this your first TC post? Welcome to Tiki Central!

" Incidentally, is this your first TC post? Welcome to Tiki Central! "

Aloha tobunga !

No, I just haven't been on for while. Had the screen name of bubbahbob but have since lost my password and a change of email address due to a job lay-off. Now I have a new email, screen name and I'm back. Thanks for asking and the warm welcome. By the way , the "boss" (the wife) told me that I could buy what ever I want on saturday. Oh boy ! Here I go again. Visions of the 45th release are all coming back.

Yes, I hope to god THIS tiki room merchandise event at least goes a little smoother than the 45th! Yikes! This time it won't be as hot waiting in line anyway.

There's no one here! :D

Wow! That was so easy. Disney finally figured out how to run one of these things smoothly.

All of the remaining merchandise will be available tomorrow through DelivEARS.

Not my thing, but a great sale price.

Fire Dance Stitch Snowglobe

Oooh! Sounds exciting. I just bought the Rongo bowl last month and my lady bought me the 45th anniversary shirt last weekend, so I'm doubting this will run out right away. Regardless, I might happen to be stopping by Disneyland tomorrow and checking this out.

" Wow! That was so easy. Disney finally figured out how to run one of these things smoothly. "

It sure was different (in a good way) this time . Less people, plenty of merchandise and really organized. Not bad at all. Got everything I went for so I'm thinking there will be plenty for all in the weeks to come.

Geeezzz.... Wish I couldaaaa gone to dineylandd...... :wink: Let's see some close ups of the stackable mugs!! :)
Thanks for posting the info also, I'll be calling Monday to get some hopefully..

AlohA

BB

M

On 2009-10-10 17:14, Beachbumz wrote:
Geeezzz.... Wish I couldaaaa gone to dineylandd......

BB

BB, you get to go to da Beach on Maui instead. TikiKate says to call tomorrow, Monday is a Holiday so they may not be answering.

-MauiTiki

Got what I went for, and thank god this was a much lower key event. The Kevin and Jody show did not dissapoint! All of their merch was top shelf, and I don't know what they will do next to top this event's tiki collectables!(Although I know they will keep exceeding expectations!) We spent alot, but was well worth it! It was also good to see and chat with the fellas. It was also good to see Bob (alohadonho) again! Tell the "boss" we said hi...Now get ready to see this merch explode on ebay once others discover the incredible detail and design on the mugs and Giant Tiki Baby!

Hey Tom,
Good times my brother ! I'm with you , the new stuff is great ! The wait was not bad at all either. Went pretty smooth. Can't wait to see how they will top this but they will. Talk to you soon.

P.S.
I dropped you a quick PM

Your all so right. The event ran smoothly and I got everything I wanted, full size tiki baby, and the 2 small babies. They all look great in my Enchanted Tiki Bathroom!

Just ordered mine over the phone. I'm glad to be able to get in on this but be forewarned the shipping charges are brutal! If you live within driving distance it's worth it to do so. Use the money to buy yourself a nice lunch instead.

• fm

Based on Tiki Kate's pictures and what I saw on ebay, the glaze color looks a bit different than Kevin's photos. Perhaps due to the lighting in his photos.

Just ordered the Uti Bowl and the mugs over the phone. The wife is gonna kill me, that bowl is expensive to ship to Maui!

Would you please provide the phone # to order.

Thanks

On 2009-10-12 12:15, TraderJohn wrote:
Would you please provide the phone # to order.

Thanks

1-800-362-4533

Anyone know, are the shirts cotton barkcloth, or a lighter fabric?

Cheers!

P.s. I was lucky enough to have someone "on the ground" grab a bowl for me, so you know I'm stoked!

They are made out of a lighter material. Not thick at all so I would say it is cotton.

On 2009-10-12 14:07, Haole'akamai wrote:
Anyone know, are the shirts cotton barkcloth, or a lighter fabric?

They're 100% rayon.

Went and pciked up the stackable mugs yesterday and they're great! Very detailed work and a deal for their $45 price tag (taking into consideration this is Disney merchandise of course.) I will say the coloring is much different than the pictures though, but still awesome none the less. And I didn't see anyone mention it, but the bowl is ENORMOUS! It totally dwarfs the Rongo bowl from last year. I couldn't tell how big it was from the pictures, but the metal hoops are easily bangle sized. It's more like a wedding centerpiece than a normal bowl! I just need to save a bit more cash and I should have one of my own:)

Got mugs on the way, They looked to good to pass up.. Who need to pay bills anyways, right???
I saw the color was different and probably would have preferrred the orange-e but I still like...

BB

I went the DelivEARS route and ordered my stackable mugs on Tuesday. Wonder how many are still available?

[ Edited by: Fres-tiki 2009-10-14 00:06 ]

I'm with Fres Tiki - Cali's a little far for a weekend jaunt. Let's see what that $29 in S&H will deliver (and when).

TS

You people who ordered shall not be dissapointed....Let us know what you think of them! i seriously cant keep from gawking at them while im at my computer...

I picked up the stacker set on Sunday at Disneyland and they are awesome! Totally worth getting. Still plenty on the shelf.

It was also a bit treat to see the original Shag paintings in the bank vault.

I was at Disneyland today and they still have plenty on the shelf. Maybe because of the economy or just not as publicized as before.

Does anyone know if any shirts are still available? Meant to call all week and just kept forgetting.:( thanks

They had shirts at Disneyland when I was there the other day.

C

I was at Disneyland on Thursday and couldn't find any of these items except for a shirt. sigh

Just got back from DL about a 1/2 hour ago. ALL items still available at the Gallery shop.

Played hooky from work today and saw that they were out of the stackables and I was surprised to see the park was FINALLY cleared out of the brown Rongo Bowls from earlier in the year.

Christmas came early this year - my mugs arrived the other day.
Here's a look at the packaging...

They aren't coming out of their packaging until "after" a party I'm having this Saturday - I don't want any stackable mug disasters!

This thread is lacking images- and also the appropriate UTI bowl adoration! Nobody is amazed by this whopper!?
I feel that Uti, since she had no voice in the Tiki Garden and disappeared so unceremoniously years ago, has not been recognized enough. To appease the goddess, here a little Uti celebration:

We all know this classic postcard image of the Enchanted Tiki Room:

But how many of us lifted their heads and paid attention to Uti in her canoe?:

Well, Kevin & Jody have. With their talent for detail and authenticity, they resurrected her in their entrance hut replica:

...and as a fine figure in one of their 2 Tiki Room figurine sets.

This is because they recognized what a cool design Uti has:
I could only show a small image of Rolly Crump's original rendering in the BOT p. 194, so here's a bigger version:

In comparison, one of Rolly Crump's Beatnick posters from around the same time:

Uti is cool, and this season's UTI BOWL is a knock out, in design:

...and in size!:

I mean, the bowl's solid metal earrings are big enough to be used as door knockers!

Though not deep enough to serve as a punch bowl, this ceramic vessel is fine centerpiece on any Tiki table, for snacks or limes or other goodies!:

Pages: 1 46 replies