Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

MCM 1952 house in Pasadena with full detached tiki bar!

Pages: 1 10 replies

With a tearful eye I must say goodbye to my beloved Swanky Monkey Resort.

Check out the pics, and steal it for $699k...

http://tinyurl.com/tikiparadise

Sorry to hear you have to let go of your island. Alta Dena is a lovely community. It seems many of us have to downsize these days. Just remember: There is always a nook somewhere to build one's little Tiki paradise, whatever size.

Thanks BigBroTiki!

On the bright side, wherever I relocate there will be another opportunity to build a new swank tiki bar!

T

Wow swanky, I'm more bummed for you about losing that amazing MCM home, than the tiki bar. You can build another tiki bar, but MCM homes are scarce, especially ones in original condition.

Bummer.

You know how the really ugly girls don't put their pictures on Facebook or MySpace? instead they have pictures of their dogs or something, well is that the way it is with your place? There is no picture of the exterior or front. What does show looks great! How about some street pictures too?

At 2 am I got thinking that I should have been commiserating over your loss rather than showing interest in the the house, very shallow of me, I apologize. This is a very cool house and to leave it must be painful.
Doors are closed and new doors open. Our faith is the most important.

H

I'm very sorry for your loss. Nevertheless, I too would love to see some street shots!

Hope you have a speedy home sale. I was also wondering about more interior and exterior shots. There are no pics of the bedrooms either. Just curious, I work with these realestate photographers all the time and sometimes its hard to get good shots of tight spaces(ie the bedrooms and baths)

H

Of course, street view on google maps!

Hmmm, looks like the house is obscured by jungle. Very nice! All we need now is a half way down the drive way photo...

Holy Mackerel!
SwankyMonky is Nicholas Night the Artist/Magician. I saw his magic/art show on line, he's great, look at his web site or,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8Ihikpz-18
Now if I could master hypnotically silencing a girl objecting to her dress falling off...his beautiful wife is his assistant.
So this is a celebrity's home! And the banana plants lining the driveway make it a natural for me, eh?

Heartfelt thanks to you all for your kind wishes!
Special thanks to you Tikiyaki - I'm a big fan. Hope to see you at the lodge meeting!

The pic you posted from google is why there are no street pics, lol! It's actually more landscaped and maintained than it appears, but a jungle to be sure.

Thanks BananaBobs for the props on the old magic show - I'm now a slimy TV producer, but at least I can still use the fine art of deception, right?

By the way, the banana palms produce amazingly tasty bananas. I will miss them.

Pages: 1 10 replies