Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Dr. Zarkov's Debut Playlist

Pages: 1 1 replies

DZ

I broadcast my first one-hour radio show on Fairfax Public Access/WEBR yesterday and I thought it went pretty well except for some nervousness on my part and a couple of equipment glitches I recovered from quickly. I will be broadcasting again next Wednesday at 5 P.M. Eeastern Time and the show can be heard over the Internet at http://www.fcac.org/WEBR

Here is the playlist for my first show. For copyright reasons WEBR DJs are not allowed to post playlists in advance.

“Why My Craf Vex With Me” by Emery Cournand from the Box Set: Hotter in Hawaii

“Ullili E" by Dennis & David Kamakahi from Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar Masters Collection (Volume 2)

“Saturday Night Fish Fry” (Parts 1 & 2) by The Roy Eldridge Sextet, from the CD Box Set: Roy Eldridge/Little Trumpet Jazz Giant

“The Hukilau Song” by Big Kahuna and The Copa Cat Pack from the CD: Hawaiian Swing

“Totem Pole” Performed by the Waitiki 7 from the CD: Adventures in Paradise

“Tantos Desejos” by Suba (Nicola Conte Remix) from the CD: The Now Sounds of Brazil

“Doin’ the Cha Cha” by Preston Epps from the CD: Bongo Rock – The Very Best of Preston Epps

“Loie” by Ike Quebec from the CD: Bossa Nova Soul Samba

“Shaka Hula Bossa Nova” by The Tikiyaki Orchestra from the CD: Stereoexotique

“Montuno Skank” by the Bombay Dub Orchestra from the CD: Latin Travels 2: A Six Degrees Collection

“Unto the Resplendent” by the Mermen [from the CD: Big Waves – Five Decades of Surf Rock

L

On 2009-10-01 09:06, Dr. Zarkov wrote:...I thought it went pretty well except for some nervousness on my part and a couple of equipment glitches I recovered from quickly. .

I remember when I did my first public radio show (Rockabilly & Doo Wop), I was so nervous I never said ONE word for the whole two hour show, I just played music! After that, every show got easier and easier once I overcame the nervousness. It's only natural, so don't worry a bit! Have fun and make sure you record your shows for future posterity sake.

Pages: 1 1 replies