Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Name My Rum Contest? We Have A Winner!!!

Pages: 1 30 replies

U

Aloha Ohana,
Unkle Fun is offering up a bottle of my private reserve rum.

Here's how it works, help me choose a name and WIN A BOTTLE!

Of course my partner and I came up with a name, based on our sons, Isaac & Drake.
But we could not figure out the combination we liked best between:

1. Sir Isaac & Captain Drake Private Reserve

2. Sir Drake & Captain Isaac Private Reserve

3. Captain Isaac & Sir Drake Private Reserve

4. Captain Drake & Sir Isaac Private Reserve

5. Come up with a new name altogether and if it sticks you'll WIN A BOTTLE TO!

YOUR MISSION
Pick one name that sounds the best to you, and the name with the most votes WINS!

HOW DO YOU WIN?
Each vote will be assigned a number. The first entry would be 1, second entry will be 2 and so on. On Saturday October 10th at 12 noon, we will draw a WINNER!

Our rum was made in small batches of 10 gallons, and aged in oak. Made with molasses and almond, this rum has a very nice balance of almond and vanilla overtones with a hint of oak and cherry. It's good, if I say so myself and it packs a whooping 120 proof. Gold in color and makes for a perfect Mai Tai or any of your favorite intoxicating libations or float (yes it does ignite). Oh I almost forgot, this small batch of 20 bottles was bottled in the Derek Yaniger Papa Ubangi Decanter and sealed in Wax. Papa holds 24oz.

I have 9 bottles left and if interested, contact me for details on how to get one.

[ Edited by: unklefun 2009-10-02 19:54 ]

[ Edited by: unklefun 2009-10-03 03:26 ]

[ Edited by: unklefun 2009-10-11 17:23 ]

[ Edited by: unklefun 2009-10-11 17:24 ]

[ Edited by: unklefun 2009-10-11 17:24 ]

Definitely one that has "Sir Drake" in it considering Sir Francis Drake was also known as a pirate. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Drake
Rum=good

Is that August 10, 2010 or was that a typo?

I agree. Needs to be Sir Drake. So I vote for #1.

I like the Oaktucky in your signature

Oaktucky Reserves Presents
Sir Isaac and Captain Drake's
Finest Rums

Just a thought

Amy

U

On 2009-10-02 20:39, MadDogMike wrote:
Is that August 10, 2010 or was that a typo?

Sorry bout that, I'll have to blame that one on the rum. October 10th is the date the contest will be over.

I love rum, and I love that bottle, so you got me! The nautical title concept is nice, but it sounds a bit cumbersome...

Here I go with option 5:

The Sons of Tiki Special Reserve

The Keiki KonTiki Koncoction

Two Little Tikis Spirit

or a more compact version of yours:

Captain Isaak Drake's Grog

or, very 70s liquor label style, simply:

I&D's Fine Grog

Put me into the option #1 drawing, should it go that way. I'd offer some option #5 ideas, but bigbro took all the good ones. And thanks for doing the contest!

OGR

Great idea. #5 Sir Isaak Drake's Bounty Reserve. Distilled by the "House of Captain Funkle" of course.

U

Sir Isaac's Nuke'em
(When you want a real Tiki blast)

UT

Love the name games. Option #5

Oaktucky Elixir Grand Reserve Rum

Admiral Isaac Drake's Northwest Passage Reserve

Drake Isaac's Circumnavigation Reserve (a voyage of discovery in a little bottle)

Rumson's Private Reserve (for the two sons of course)

M

D&I Smoky Mountain Rum

I like number one.

For number 5 option:

Pirate Sons Private Rum

or simply

Private Pirate

On 2009-10-04 15:23, savage sissy wrote:
I like number one.

For number 5 option:

Pirate Sons Private Rum

or simply

Private Pirate

... or Pirate's Privates!

B

Put me down for the 1. Sir Isaac & Captain Drake Private Reserve

although I do like "UnkleFun's Good Time Rum" Have some fun with my rum....

S

this may be a longshot, how about

RUM-MAKER SONS DRydock ISland private reserve

Captain and Mate, Issac and Drake, Special Reserve Rum

A

Sir Isaac & Captain Drake Pirate Reserve

TG

As with so many English names, the name of legendary explorer, Sir Francis Drake, had Latin origins: Franciscus Draco.
While a drake is a male duck, the surname Drake comes from Draco, Latin for dragon.

Besides being a mathematician, astronomer, and general physicist, Isaac Newton was an alchemist. It is not that much of a stretch to consider a fine rum to be the product of alchemy.

One of Newton's last works was the publication of an incomplete theory of chemical force, which sounds a little like rum to me. Among the tasks of the alchemist was the mystical manufacture of many things including wisdom and precious metals.

My two entries then, therefore, are:

Dragon's Wisdom Private Reserve, and

Dragon's Gold Private Reserve

Catch you on Monday 10/12. I'll be at parents' weekend and Penn State until then. Hope you find the perfect name.

MA

What a fantastic idea!!! As you've stated that you want Isaac and Drake in the name, I will go with Captains' Isaac & Drake Private Reserve Rum from the HMS Oaktucky.

PM'ed you unklefun

How about...

Kalake Aka Private Reserve?

Kalake is Hawaiian for Drake
Aka is Hawaiian for Isaac

Huh? Huh? Whudaya think?

M

Great contest. How about "TIKI TOTS"pirate reserve. Thanks...

V

Sons of Fun Rum

Any name yet? :D

U

Sorry for the delay, but like Pete Brady once said, "something suddenly came up". Or something like that.

THE NAME THAT GOT THE MOST VOTES WAS #1...
SIR ISAAC & CAPTAIN DRAKES PRIVATE RESERVE.

THE WINNING # IS...

WHICH GOES OUT TO:
Tiki Socialite
ARRIANO FROM SUNNY BIRDLAND SAN DIEGO

There was some great names put out by the ohana, which is going to take a little more time to discuss, but there will be another winner!
Mahaloz to all who participated, and if you are still interested in getting your hands on one of these bottles of rum send me a PM.

[ Edited by: unklefun 2009-10-11 17:14 ]

[ Edited by: unklefun 2009-10-13 00:30 ]

Should that not be "Privateer Reserve"? As in a Pirate licensed by the crown.

....after the fact and maybe for the next round, Rasta Rum.

A

WOO HOO!!!

I had the pleasure of tasting this yummy stuff at Psycho Tiki D's home on Saturday during the Sacramento Home Tiki Bar Crawl. Smooth. You done good.

A

On 2009-10-11 17:13, unklefun wrote:
Sorry for the delay, but like Pete Brady once said, "something suddenly came up". Or something like that.

THE NAME THAT GOT THE MOST VOTES WAS #1...
SIR ISAAC & CAPTAIN DRAKES PRIVATE RESERVE.

THE WINNING # IS...

WHICH GOES OUT TO:
Tiki Socialite
ARRIANO FROM SUNNY BIRDLAND SAN DIEGO

There was some great names put out by the ohana, which is going to take a little more time to discuss, but there will be another winner!
Mahaloz to all who participated, and if you are still interested in getting your hands on one of these bottles of rum send me a PM.

Had a few friends over this past weekened and we cracked open unklefun's rum (hey, there's another good name). We drank it neat and really enjoyed it a lot. We detected both vanilla and coffee notes. Next I'll try to find a good cocktail recipe to use it in. Thanks for the bottle, excellent rum! If he has any bottles left, I encourage others to obtain one.

Pages: 1 30 replies