Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

Big Kahuna in Vegas 11/1-11/6

Pages: 1 13 replies

BK

Hey, folks! I will be in Vegas for the SEMA show November 1- November 6. I land in Vegas around 5:00 on the first & will be going from the airport to In 'n Out burgers to Frankie's. Of course I will also be at Frankie's on Wednesday night. I would really love to meet some of you Vegas locals & west-coasters. Please let me know if any of you will be around during this week & willing to drink some rum at Frankie's or anywhere else. I can arrange my schedule around my tiki experience, so anything goes! Also, any traditional Rod & Kustom or Rockabilly folks, I'd love to meet you, as well.
Mahalo,
Rick

J
JOHN-O posted on Mon, Oct 5, 2009 5:07 PM

Big Kahuna,

I know that In 'N Out has become synonomous with Las Vegas for non-So Ca visitors. It's a good burger but if want a great burger in a unique LV setting then check out the Dispensary Lounge. This is a classic Vegas gem that I would put along side with Frankie's as one of Sin City's best "dive" bars. It's in the opposite direction from the airport in relation to Frankie's but hey at the DL you can satisfy two needs at once. I'm not in town either weekend unfortunately. :(

BK

I've already got it on my list. I've been poring over your thread planning my itinerary. Every year we go right from the airport to In'n Out. It's fast, it's tasty & we can't get 'em here. I plan on washing it down with a Bearded Clam at Frankie's.

Anybody?

M
mieko posted on Fri, Oct 16, 2009 4:01 PM

Hubby and I will be in Vegas for Halloween and a few days after, and I'm sure we'll be at Frankies for some of that time! :) I'll check my schedule and see if we can meet up.

Excellent, Mieko!

One week to go! Anyone else gonna be around? C'mon, you can make fun of my Boston accent!

[ Edited by: Big Kahuna 2009-10-25 18:05 ]

3 more days. Yahoo!

J

I'll miss you by 24 hours. I may try to hit Frankie's on Sat about 5pm. I'll be back on the road to LA on Sun morning.

Remember, always split aces and eights. double down on 11, never take insurance, and avoid 6:5 blackjack.

Also stick to the pass line and come line (full odds if your bankroll can handle it).

I forget which famous Film Noir had this line (Gilda?, Out of the Past?):

She - "You mean there's a strategy for winning".

He - "No, only for losing more slowly".

Or something like that. :)

[ Edited by: JOHN-O 2009-10-29 11:20 ]

Thanks for the advice! Sorry, I'm gonna miss ya. Hopefully, there'll be TC folks there on Wednesday night.

[ Edited by: Big Kahuna 2009-10-29 22:07 ]

TOMORROW! Straight to Frankie's!

On 2009-10-31 19:36, Big Kahuna wrote:

how was it?

BK

On 2009-11-06 22:17, RevBambooBen wrote:

On 2009-10-31 19:36, Big Kahuna wrote:

how was it?

A little dark! Could use some strobe lights, a light up dance floor & a coupla disco balls! :D
That was a dumb question! You know how it was! It was frickin' awesome & the Ohana were great! Thanks again to Mr. Smiley, Inky & Mashuka & his lovely wife for a great time & the ride back to my hotel. I had a blast! Same time next year!?!?
Mahalo,
Rick

J
JOHN-O posted on Sun, Nov 8, 2009 9:59 AM

Actually I thought that was a good question. I'm all about positive reinforcement. :)

I know what you mean by the darkness. Last Saturday I thought I had gone blind when going from the late afternoon desert sunshine into the Tiki darkness which is Frankie's. I believe that all good Tiki bars should require seeing-eye dogs.

Dude, after all your anticipation and a week in Sin City, that's all you're going to post? I look forward to a more detailed trip report.

[ Edited by: JOHN-O 2009-11-08 10:05 ]

Pages: 1 13 replies