Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

can anyone identify these cement posts?? are they tiki?

Pages: 1 4 replies

they look like cannibal tikis with no heads....just legs, arms and a head in their hands.....

" In a perfect world...Elvis would still be alive ....and all the elvis impersonators would be dead!!"

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2009-10-07 05:26 ]

I think you answered your own question there, Dave, they certainly are. I don't believe they're Cannibals, but closely related, more like the classic Tahitian/Marquesan posts. But in concrete? Someone must have made a cast of a wooden pole, and the a couple of copies, then maybe one head broke off and the other was shortened to fit...???

Would be nice to see full frontal pics, I cannot recall that face between the hands from anywhere, but the overall style looks O.A. to me.

Yeah, well I'll be identifying them as mine, if I get to them before you do! :P

they may be wood..i just suggested concrete because it looks like some green algae on them like concrete gets in this climate....and they look like stone but old wood looks that way too.

if sven is right, i'll bet the heads are somewhere in the yard, planted from the neck down. at first i thought the planter might be in their mouths, but you would see parts of their head if it were...so these a definately headless....if they are in fact wood they are probably from some long gone tiki establishment....

as for you, bamboolodge..you little stink!! :) there is one for each of us !!....but only if i can find a head to fit it....i can fix a headless tiki but a tiki body and no head i have no use for...

the legend of sleepy hollow lagoon and the headless tiki!! just in time for halloween!

On 2009-10-07 09:53, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
....but only if i can find a head to fit it....i can fix a headless tiki but a tiki body and no head i have no use for...

Well, Trader Vic's Berlin would have -if they still would be around!:

Tiki posts downstairs of entrance, Trader Vic's Berlin, 2008

Doyyyoinnnggg! Now that was mean...making fun of a recently passed entity. I am sorry. But that was just too good of a lead in to pass up. :D

Pages: 1 4 replies