Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Lake Tiki at the Art Riot '09, Milwaukee WI - This Saturday

Pages: 1 2 replies

I'll be exhibiting at the Milwaukee Art Riot '09 this Saturday.

If you're local, stop by and say hello!

I'll have a nice selection of traditional tiki and some Hot Rod/Low Brow tiki ready to take home with you!

Saturday, October 10th

2009 Art Riot Block Party

The Times Cinema & 5900 Block of Vliet Street

Noon-2AM

OnMilwauke.com and The Times Cinema are putting together what will undoubtedly be Milwaukee's premier art and music festival. Sponsored by 102.1FM, Pabst Blue Ribbon and the Harley-Davidson Museum, the entire 5900 block of West Vliet Street in Wauwatosa will be transformed into a high octane, rock and roll art show. Working with galleries nationwide, Art Riot 09 will have works by some of the nation's best rock poster and "low brow" artists.

In addition, there are over 40 local artists, bands, hot rods, custom bikes, food, drinks and more. Along with the national artists, there will be exhibits from more than three dozen local craftsmen and artists.

The Times Cinema will also have the Milwaukee premiere of "American Artifact: The Rise Of American Rock Poster Art." The film documents the rise of the current rock poster movement in America with a cast of quirky, interesting, and extremely talented artists along with their fans and some of the biggest names in music industry.

Later that evening, the Times Cinema's stage will host musical performances from some of the Midwest's best up and coming bands and DJs.

so...homesick......

Sounds fun, Dave! The silly fools forgot to print Lake Tiki among those between the wonderful word "M'waukee" and the PBR logo. Homesick again.

Cheers. man~

Andy

Andy!

I'll knock back a sixer of Pabst in your honor!

Would be cool to have ya there, sharing a brat and a beer!

I'm on another list on some other poster, that'll probably be stapled to a phone pole somewhere!

I'll take pictures for ya to make you even more homesick!

Pages: 1 2 replies