Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: Rare Rattan Coco Palm Floor Lamp

Pages: 1 8 replies

Our last 6 foot hand made solid rattan floor lamp

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rattan-Coco-Palm-Floor-Lamp_W0QQitemZ160382609895QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLamps_US?hash=item25578c69e7

[ Edited by: hermosageneralstore 2009-11-29 08:23 ]

J

Oh my, that is fabulous!!! Makes me kinda sad I just spent $100 on a cool floor lamp from World Market. Are there more where that came from?

The woman that we got these from hand delivered to our stores in the south bay. Her family in Thailand made the lamps & shipped them to her. A few years ago they stopped being available.

We sold all but our last floor sample...this will be a valuable collectible in years to come. I hope it goes to a nice home. We have relocated to the Austin area and is pick up only.

[ Edited by: hermosageneralstore 2009-10-20 05:16 ]

Our last Rattan Coco Palm floor lamp is looking for a new home!

Just an FYI this is wicker not rattan.

Rattan (from the Malay rotan), is the name for the roughly 600 species of palms in the tribe Calameae, native to tropical regions of Africa, Asia and Australasia. Most rattans differ from other palms in having slender stems, 2–5 cm diameter, with long internodes between the leaves; also, they are not trees but are vine-like, scrambling through and over other vegetation. Rattans are also superficially similar to bamboo.

There are two types of wicker furniture available—natural and synthetic. Natural wicker is made from rattan vine and is well-known for its strength and durability.

When the importer delivered these to us she said in broken english "this is the stuff that Tarzan swings from, real rattan not straw.

..alittle too 1980's disco/miami vice/ cocaine bar for me....

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2009-10-21 14:10 ]

Just relisted 6 foot Palm Tree floor lamp at reduced price!

Rattan Palm Floor Lamp.... Great holiday gift!

[ Edited by: hermosageneralstore 2009-11-23 05:21 ]

Pages: 1 8 replies