Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Mid-Century Mod Historic District china/stoneware garage sale

Pages: 1 3 replies

T
txmod posted on Mon, Oct 12, 2009 4:18 PM

We are working on getting a historic district designation for Glenbrook Valley, which I think would make it Texas' first post WWII Historic District.

Long story, but we got the close out inventory of an upscale china matching place to sell to raise funds for the cause!

This Friday and Saturday 8 to 3 and Sunday 10 to 2 we will be selling this stuff for 50 cents to $2 a piece. The stickers on them from the store are up to $30 for some of it.

There are some cool mugs and then the more traditional stuff too.

8206 Glencrest at Montglen, 77061.

these are Russell Wright

Too bad there are only a few pieces......

(Ha!)
I'll be there! Thanks, Robert!
F

Great cause. That Russell Wright should do well. Some vintage Franciscan Ware patterns do really well also. Good luck.

T
txmod posted on Tue, Oct 20, 2009 9:03 PM

Well that is over with, and I think I will eat off paper plates for the rest of my life! I don't want to see any more china for awhile.

Surprisingly the Russell Wright didn't sell that well. The green and blue ones went, but the brown lingered until the end. Same with the little bamboo pattern cups. The last day we handed out the 18" by 24" boxes and you could have whatever you could stuff in them for $10. We ended up raising about $3,500 total for the cause though. So its all good.

Pages: 1 3 replies