Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Big Foam Blocks in San Francisco

Pages: 1 2 replies

M

I just walked by some HUGE foam blocks left on the sidewalk in San Francisco. THey are next to 1450 Howard Street near 10th. If you want to get some you'll need a truck or van because they are about 4 foot tall by about 2 1/2 wide and thick. There are about 13 of these huge blocks.
I am not a foam expert, but these seem to be made of the same type of foam as comes out of those spray insulation cans that you get in the hardware store.
The "how Weird can you be " streetfair is happening near there this Sunday, so I figure they will be hauled off by them.
Happy carving!!

Wow, wish I had enough space to work on making something from these. I've carved a lot of it in my das. If it's the kind of foam I think it is from your description, it's polyurethane, and blocks of that size would be very expensive to buy. Are you sure they're trash?

BTW, if anybody picks up one to carve, be sure wear a dust or filter mask - that stuff's highly toxic if inhaled in fine dust form, like from sawing or sanding it. And the particles will also get into places you didn't know you had.

M

I just looked down the street---the foam blocks are GONE!!

Pages: 1 2 replies