Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Booksigning for Pete Moruzzi's PALM SPRINGS HOLIDAY this Sat 17th

Pages: 1 7 replies

My good friend, Palm Springs Mod Com founder and "Havanna Before Castro" author Peter Moruzzi is signing his new tome,

PALM SPRINGS HOLIDAY

this Saturday, October 17th, 4 to 7 pm
at

JUST FABULOUS Books
515 N. Palm Canyon Drive
Palm Springs, CA 92262
Phone: (760) 864-1300

There are many books out on Palm Springs now, but none is such a feast for the vintage paper ephemera lover. Pete has amassed one the most extensive collections of 20t Century postcards, brochures, matchbooks and art on that town, and much of it illustrates the pages of this book. From Motels to resorts to eateries to nightclubs,

...all of our Tiki favorites are among them, also:

..plus many I have never heard off, like the Desert Air, a Fly-In hotel (see book cover):

...which had this Luau Hut:

..and put on HUGE Luaus:

One of my favorite images is of this Waltah Clarke store:

If you love mid-century American architecture and design, this book is for you. There's even a chapter on the Salton Sea!

http://www.amazon.com/Palm-Springs-Holiday-Peter-Moruzzi/dp/1423604768/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1255640197&sr=8-1

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki 2009-10-15 16:48 ]

Moruzzi Rocks!

Awesome looking book!

I love my Havanna book, going to have to look into this one too.

DC

H

I believe he will be book signing also at Wacko, Oct 24th Sat. 6-9pm. I have already purchased this book and it is swell.

Thanks for the heads-up, Sven. The book looks amazing - Pete does it again !!! And it's a great price on Amazon too.

I zipped out to Palm Springs yesterday and picked up the book. It's pretty darn fabulous.

Any plans for a Nor Cal book signing event? We are all here waiting....

J
Jetson posted on Wed, Nov 4, 2009 3:40 AM

Oh man, I'm really upset I missed this. I was totally thinking about that book too, because i saw it at the book store, and was thinking of going back to buy it.

Pages: 1 7 replies