Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

Tiki Connecting in Carmel- Monterey Cal.

Pages: 1 2 replies

Hi Everybody, I'm planning a trip to Monterey-Carmel California area to do a jelly fish and sea life photo shoot at the Monterey aquarium for my Artwork and paintings. While I'm there this coming week Oct-20-24.
I would love to get some advice as to where to connect to any tiki restaurants, bars, art galleries, cool tiki shops and any other tiki related activities in that area.
I would appreciate any suggestions from anybody being it's my first time being there, Thanks in advance.
If anybody wants to check out any of my Jellyfish paintings heres a link to a mini gallery I put up http://gallery.me.com/dennismathewson/100113
Aloha Always Dennis Mathewson

When I was in Monterey earlier this year, I went to a place called Hula's that's about 2 streets up from the aquarium. Good food, good drinks, and a 50/50 tiki/beach bar vibe. The left side of the joint has a cool tiki lounge vibe, dimly lit with some nice tiki artwork, whereas the right side is more of a mish mash of tiki and all around tropical stuff. Regardless, it's the most Tiki inspired place I found, and was definitely a good night out.

Mahalo kahalakruze, I will for sure check it out.

Dennis

Pages: 1 2 replies