Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tatoo's... Got one?

Pages: 1 19 replies

KD

I have a Marquesan ankle bracelet, anyone else have have one???

No

KD

On 2003-04-18 22:15, Shipwreckjoey wrote:
No

Uncommitted ... eh?!? :wink:

kava dan, I'll get a pic of my tiki tattoo and post up see what youze think..Kreepy jaksin

Aloha! No, not yet, but when My fiancee and I go for our Honeymoon in Hawaii our wedding gifts to each other will be Tiki tattoos...any great Tat artists that you guys recommend on either Oahu or Maui? ...Gecko? you've got a few...what say you, braddah?

KD

There are lots of good shops in Hawaii. One of the best, IMHO is a haole, Tricia Allen. I'm getting another done by her in May. Check out her web site here:
http://www.tattootraditions.alohaworld.com/tattootraditions/index.htm

Try and schedule your tattoo for your last day on the islands since you wont be able to swim for 24 hours.

KD

On 2003-04-19 08:45, tikijaksin wrote:
kava dan, I'll get a pic of my tiki tattoo and post up see what youze think..Kreepy jaksin

tikijaksin, I would love to see it! I'll get a pic of mine and post it as well!

Nana!

T

Here's an old thread on tats:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=2403&forum=6

Mine is my sig:

kava can, here is the pic of one of my tiki tattoos it's got more tikis around my forearm
and also a ukelele playing wahine I'll post the other pics soon. If you were at last years hukilau this is the same one I had but it was not finished (Kolored) .

I have been looking for years for a great tiki design for a tattoo and haven't found one I like enough to have permanently etched on my body. Anybody wanna take a stab at it (the design, not my body)? I know it has to be perfect - I already have one (not tiki) that I HATE for many reasons, and that's no fun, so I wanna be SURE about my next one.

T

Maybe you can show us a picture the one you hate, and we can all try to think of a creative way to do a tiki 'cover-up'. That way you get a cool new tat, plus cover up an old one you don't like!

Hmm.. Couple of problems with that idea - first one has to do with the design - it's a dolphin jumping out of waves - can't see that turning into a cool flaming tiki head. Secon one is location - it's on my left shoulder, so I (thankfully) can't see it without the aid of a mirror. I'd like my new one on my calf.

I'm thinking I'll probably just get the dolphin removed as it was designed by my ex-wife who I have recently discovered now makes her living as a professional dominatrix. I don't think I need the memento...

Tiki-Bot, yours is an inspiration - I'd like one enough like it to be that cool, but different enough to be original...

On 2003-04-19 14:43, Tiki-bot wrote:
Here's an old thread on tats:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=2403&forum=6

Mine is my sig:

Just remember that your tattoos will fade and get all ugly! Black turns blue. Fine line gets all blury. Colors fade. Etc., Etc., Etc.,. (mine did but I can care less)

L
laney posted on Mon, Apr 21, 2003 9:33 PM

On 2003-04-21 19:40, TikiMaxton wrote:
I'm thinking I'll probably just get the dolphin removed as it was designed by my ex-wife who I have recently discovered now makes her living as a professional dominatrix. I don't think I need the memento...

I'm certain they could cover it up pretty easily. How about turning her tat into something of interrest to you. I had a matching tat with an ex that I had covered up with another and I plan on adding to this one. I wasn't watching but could feel when he was going over the old one. Tattoo removal is still very expensive and takes several sessions. I, thankfully, am very happy with all my tats and would get them all over again-even the one I got covered, it was a lesson I'll never forget.

BTW-your ex has my #3 dream job, just after being one of those Vise Hookers who lure men to a cop filled motel room.

[ Edited by: laney on 2003-04-21 21:36 ]

On 2003-04-21 21:33, laney wrote:

BTW-your ex has my #3 dream job, just after being one of those Vise Hookers who lure men to a cop filled motel room.

I had a run-in with one of those once-walking home from work in the wilds of Long Island City. But I didn't fall for it-she was too atractive and didn't have sores on her legs.

L

Sorry, this is way off topic but, I saw a show about the vise chicks and how they get themselves ready to be hookers. They put make-up dark circles under their eyes, bruises on their legs, track marks on their arms , sores on lips, tease dirty hair, and even black out teeth. Sure enough not 5 minutes later, a customer, and another...What's wrong with guys????
Oh, the same show had a pretty boy luring gay Johns in LA. He didn't have to ugly himself so much.
Now I return you to you regularly scheduled topic.

well, I've collected over 50 tattoos now ,and some are over 10 years old and some of the old ones look a lot better than some Tattoos (less than a year old )I've seen on a lot of people.I stay outta the sun.take good care of my skin ect. I am also a Tattoo artist in a very busy street shop here in MIA.and see lot's of tattoos old, and new.I have a customer who was tattooed over 25 years ago (not by me I'm 27) in NY and I gotta tell ya those still look sweet as hell,an he is or was kinduva roughnek gotta lotta sun ect.never "babied his investment"anyways before I continue ranting my point is a tattoos appearance varies greatly from person to person aftercare is just as important as the artist who applies it. we can bust our ass putting on a nice piece of art on you but if you neglect youre tattoo in the two weeks during healing and let the sun have his or her way on it.then yeah they will definately look shitty. well here are some other pics I think go well with this topic..Kreepy tiki Jaksin

those are of my arm. It is still not finished I got a couple more smaller tiki's that go w/ it. and the background. hopefully will finish that forearm this year.I can honestly say that ever since I got my first tiki permanetly by my side good luck has stayed right there with me too!!! but I'm also superstitious, avenger of bad juju and , praticioner of hocus pocus...see ya at hukilau !! Kreepy tiki Jaksin

Holy Moly Tikijaksin!

That looks like April & Laney as a brunette!

[ Edited by: SugarCaddyDaddy on 2003-05-16 13:58 ]

Pages: 1 19 replies