Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Mai Kai decanter question and pix

Pages: 1 7 replies

G
GECKO posted on Sat, Apr 19, 2003 5:08 AM

Aloha friends, need your help.

As seen in this picture from the BOT, the decanter is a off white, yellowish color ya.
ok well mine is more of a green gray mixture. lighting sucked on da pix so it's hard to see da actuall color. Anybody know how many different finishes dey wen come out in?

heres mine.

are these as rare as the suffarin' bastad?

shootz

T

Gecko,
I have the decanter, and mine is also green-gray, more gray. The pic in the BOT probably looks different due to lighting. I believe there was only one color ever made, may have been some variation but all the same more or less. I think they are rarer than suffering bastard mugs, about the same rarity as the sb decanter. I've noticed they go for less on ebay though, around $100 or so.

G
GECKO posted on Sat, Apr 19, 2003 8:36 PM

thanks TG! I kinda thought it was the lighting. I can't believe they only sell for around $100. thats cheap for a rare item!I would have paid that to. it dosen't matter. I got mine cheap and love it. Mahaloz brah.

Please relink your photos!

And anyone else got one of these you can share pics of?

I heard rumor that there were a couple in the gift shop this year for Hukilau, but I didn't see them.... who got them?

Is this the decanter you are talking about?

here's my vintage mai kai decanter, the one gecko talked about in the original post.

S
Swanky posted on Sun, Aug 3, 2008 3:02 PM

I still can't believe the Bum found one, NIB on a liquor store shelf... That's why you go look in old liquor stores. Never know what old stock they have.

My decanter is still sealed, with the hang tag booklet around the neck, but no box.

T

Here ya go.
The only other color not shown here
is the one that Bohemiann
showed up top.
The rarest is the cobalt blue only 50 were made.
It was $40.00 dollars and could only be had at the Mai Kai
during Hukilau.
Then the kind of yellow one is next rarest I think.
They made only 30? 40? of them.
So there were six in all.

Cobalt

Kind of yellow

Pages: 1 7 replies