Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

“Island People” Premier Party TVs Emeryville Nov 14th / movie night!

Pages: 1 26 replies

CA

Aloha tiki enthusiasts. Grab your flowered shirts and bring your Hawaiian spirit to the “Island People” premier & tiki party at Trader Vic’s on November 14th. “Island People” is Director Jeff Yarlett* inside look at the tiki culture and the extraordinary people who live the island lifestyle. Musicians, Carvers and Artists from Florida to California are featured in this unique celebration of American pop culture. You can view the “Island People” trailer at the link below.

http://www.mediameltproductions.com/Video_3.php

Join Jeff at Trader Vic’s Emeryville on Saturday November 14th. The party starts at 7pm and the premier is at 8pm. Full bar and food available. We’ll see you there!

lots of folks you know in this... a wacky carver and some bold guy... and a wacky carver in a bald guy's backyard!

is it to early for Santer to show up????
I might have a few of my new APE shot-mugs done
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=20250&forum=7&start=last&9
maybe send me an email if you are interested!

I'll be in Los Vegas on Dec 5th
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=34250&forum=4
show the reindeer are workin over time!!

O
Otto posted on Wed, Oct 21, 2009 12:28 AM

This is going to be one great party
We have the Captain's Room reserved at Vic's Emeryville!

expect to have a good time!

In!

T

Any chance of a So. Cal premier too?

J

On 2009-10-21 00:28, Otto wrote:
This is going to be one great party
We have the Captain's Room reserved at Vic's Emeryville!

expect to have a good time!

Will there be chairs?

Hi There tiki friends. I'm the Director of "Island People" which is premiering at Trader Vic's Emeryville on Nov 14th. I'll check in from time to time to answer your questions. I hope to see you all there.

Yes there will be chairs there. You'll be seated for the screening and have places to sit during the party.

J

On 2009-10-22 07:09, Tiki Tampa wrote:
Yes there will be chairs there. You'll be seated for the screening and have places to sit during the party.

Thanks for that! I've been to too many parties at Vic's where there were absolutely no chairs in the private party room for ladies in heels to rest our weary toes.

Kelly (Martini Wahine) and I wouldn't miss it! Jeff (the director) is a great guy and it was a real treat having him film here at The Golden Tiki in Los Gatos and our other favorite home tiki bars. Looking forward to seeing you all!

jonathan

CA

bump.... if you are interested in getting Holiday TiXmass gifts etc..... and save shipping, I'm driving up Santer's sleigh and you can save shipping... please email me, thanks
new items...
Ape shot-mug

Smoking volcano altar

O-9 necklace
BoneProductions econo-mugs

[ Edited by: crazy al 2009-11-11 08:25 ]

Drink specials?

Would be great if we could talk TV's into a Fog Cutter special in the 75th anniversary mug...

jus thinkin'...

Looks like everyone from TC is in this film

Hey Everyone! I'm looking forward to Saturday. If you haven't seen the trailer yet check it out at the following link: http://www.mediameltproductions.com/Video_3.php

looks fun wish I could attend woul dlove to checkit out.

Maybe I'll visit next time I'm down Tampa way..

Trailer looks nice!
APE music to boot - one of my favorite tunes!

Looking forward the checking out "Island People"!

O
Otto posted on Thu, Nov 12, 2009 10:58 PM

bump - now that MBP is done playing they MIGHT stop bumping their post to the top of the list?

MT

Bump. :wink:

Hmmm... it might take a little schedule massaging and quick movements, but I'd like to try to make at least part of this. Hope to see you folks there!

It's here !!

Trad'r Judy and I will be there a little after 7:00 (wu!) - see you there island peeps!

-Trad'r Bill

Darn good movie,darn good fun…and as always…darn good friends!

Agreed, fun movie. Thanks Jeff.

H

Wow, I was overdue for a night like that. What fun. I just finished re-watching the DVD with Trott. It's always fun to see so many familiar faces. I really like what Jeff has done with this special, it's a great intro to our nutty little world.

What a treat to see all you guys last night, it was a spectacularly fun crowd. Let's do it again!

O
Otto posted on Mon, Nov 16, 2009 10:54 PM

Island People is a great, objective look at members of the Tiki Scene on both coasts. I think I secured Jeff to introduce and show his movie at Tiki Oasis 2010 in the Tiki TV room. Look for him on the schedule!

Aloha,

I wanted to thank everyone for attending the Island People premier. The night turned out better than I imagined. It was great to see everyone again and to meet some new tiki folks as well. I'll do my best to get to Oasis next year for another screening. Thanks for the invite! For those of you who got a DVD, it's not uncommon for one or two copies to be bad so if you have any technical issues just email me and I'll send you another. Thanks again for the warm welcome. My wife and I had a wonderful time!

Jeff

CA

Great to see everyone and especially the boys from APE who I've not seen in a while. sorry we were late to the show. We had reservations for 6:00 but didn't get out of the bar till almost 7?? Had to brake in the first batch of these..

Movie was great! folks were great!

OUTSTANDING!
Thank you for sharing.

just a follow up for one who couldnt be there, do we know if the vidio will be avail. for watching outside the events?? Saw the preview and it looked good. any rumors or info????

Pages: 1 26 replies