Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room Collections

Pages: 1 2 3 126 replies

TS

I searched and did not find a thread about collecting specifically Disneyland Enchanted Tiki Room Collectibles. This thread should be used to showcase everything ETR collectable from Vintage to Newer. Here is my Neo-Tiki collection below, minus a few items.

see bigger picture here:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2421/4031207006_11fffa4915_b.jpg

1. ETR 40th Anniversary Tiki Goblet mug by Shag LE500
  2. ETR 40th Anniversary Tiki Totem mug by Shag LE500
  3. ETR 40th Anniversary Tiki NeckCharm by Shag LE500
  4. ETR 45th Anniversary(1st Ed. Green) Rongo Bowl by Kevin Kidney/Jody Daily LE500
  5. Disney Gallery Re-Grand Opening Uti Bowl by Kevin Kidney/Jody Daily LE300
  6. ETR 45th Anniversary(2nd Ed. Brown) Rongo Bowl by Kevin Kidney/Jody Daily LE500
  7. Disneyland Park 50th Anniversary Pele Mug by Kevin Kidney/Jody Daily LE500
  8. Disney Gallery Re-Grand Opening Tiki Babies set#2 by Kevin Kidney/Jody Daily LE500
  9. ETR 45th Anniversary Gallery of Light Tiki Room by Robert Olszewski LE500
  10. ETR 45th Anniversary Tiki Babies set#1 by Kevin Kidney/Jody Daily LE500
  11. ETR 45th Anniversary Tiki Drums Heirloom Box by Olszewski LE1967
  12. Disneyland Park 50th Anniversary Adventureland Mug by Kevin Kidney/Jody Daily LE?
  13. ETR 45th Anniversary Tiki Fountain by Kevin Kidney/Jody Daily LE500
  14. Disney Gallery Re-Grand Opening New Life 14" Tiki Figure by Kevin Kidney/Jody Daily LE300
  15. Disneyland Park 50th Anniversary Tangaroa Lamp by Kevin Kidney/Jody Daily LE500
  16. Disneyland Park 50th Anniversary Adventureland Jumbo Pin by Shag LE1955
  17. Disneyland Park 50th Anniversary Adventureland Bronze Sculpture by Larry Nikolai LE500
  18. (not shown) Disneyland Park 50th Anniversary Tiki Drummer Lamp by Kevin Kidney/Jody Daily LE500
  19. (not shown) Disney Gallery Re-Grand Opening Tiki Totem Stackable Mugs by Kevin Kidney/Jody Daily LE500
  20. (not shown) Vintage Disneyland Enchanted Tiki Room/Tiki Garden Swizzles Ft. United Airlines
  21. (not shown) ETR 40th Anniversary (2) Aloha Shirts(1Green/1Salmon) by Shag LE500
  22. (not shown) ETR 40th Anniversary One Enchanted Evening serigraph by Shag LE300

And here is a close up of the bowls, so you can see the size differences:

What do others have in their collections, vintage or new?

[ Edited by: Tom Slick 2009-10-20 20:53 ]

Impressive. A good investment. What do you NOT have? :)

Here's some vintage stuff. Most affordable:

The swizzle stick

Hard to find:

Vintage Tiki Babies

Hard to find:

The Adventureland shirt

Harder:

The Adventureland glass

TS

DANG Sven....You answered your own question! What do I not have.....? Those last few items!!!! :P You can't go wrong with that Shirt, Original Tiki Babies, and those Adventureland Glasses! I tried to acquire the Adventureland Gold Gilded Glass, but the auction went too rich for my blood! I think it sold for $7?.00 some odd dollars in one of those "flex my muscle/beat on my chest" ebay auctions.

You probably already know that there are a few variations of that swizzle, in the sense of the printing/wording on them. I have 3 different ones, and how nice to see that they are stamped "Made in the U.S.A." on the back of them!hah....Nice stuff, and agreed, the Uti bowl is incredible! Even though I used museum putty/wax, I fear that the metal earrings on Uti will act like door knockers in an earthquake, and wind up breaking my bowls, including Uti!

On 2009-10-21 15:43, Tom Slick wrote:
I fear that the metal earrings on Uti will act like door knockers in an earthquake, and wind up breaking my bowls, including Uti!

Haiiij!

Martial Arts Uti!

That is an impressive collection indeed.

I have this Tiki Room chanting mug. Not a super rare LE, but I like it.

Also a poster and few postcards from the Tiki Room.

Finally a Shag shirt.

DC

[ Edited by: Dustycajun 2010-01-24 08:50 ]

Sven - I love that shirt so much. The only time I've seen it in the wild, the guy was asking $350. I have faith that I'll find one at a reasonable price someday.

Here are a few modern collectibles. Sorry about the crappy pictures. I'm all askew today.

The Big Fig

Smashed pennies

Pins

Drummers

Prints on demand

Now we are talking within the realistic budget...gotta love the "smashed penny" machines....8)

Here are two shirts, one in purple and the same as what Sven has shown:

Though not from the Tiki Room, but a rare postcard from the Tahitian Terrace:

Tickets for United Airline Hostesses:

Tiki baby that is unpainted:

Moai style salt and pepper shakers:

K

On 2009-10-21 18:37, Matterhorn1959 wrote:
Here are two shirts, one in purple and the same as what Sven has shown:

Finally I see someone else that got the replica of the original host shirt. I've seen so many pictures here of people wearing the green version.

I got two of each (one to wear and one to keep).

Great stuff so far!

Here is a great old B & W photo of the Enchanted Tiki Room.

DC

This is the original 1964 shirt that the reproduction was made from. I also own a couple of other shirts as well as a dress.

L

On 2009-10-21 19:14, Dustycajun wrote:
Great stuff so far!

Here is a great old B & W photo of the Enchanted Tiki Room.

DC

This is my favorite pic of The Tiki Room..thanks DC for posting it!

Love this thread Tom :)

Hey Dustycajun- is that Tiki Room poster a full size attraction poster?

Here is a photo of my 3 swizzles, all with variations. I wonder which one is most rare? :lol:

Next is proof positive that in the Adventureland Bazaar they sold Quon Quon Mugs for $1.00....

It must have been awesome to see many unique items sold throughout the Bazaar, that I might have missed out on. I remember as a child the many shrunken heads, tiki necklaces, other Tiki related items, and barrels of "real rubber"(not plastic) snakes.
I really dig the shirt that Sven and Matterhorn show, The one with the pile of skulls with various shields and masks! The artwork really pops out at me!

[ Edited by: Tom Slick 2009-10-22 12:59 ]

Matterhorn,

My poster is a 8 X 10 reproduction on glossy paper.

Here is a Enchanted Tiki Room brochure.

And a copy of the Disneyland Line magazine cover with a Tiki.

DC

H

Here's another recent item from Olszewski.
Quarter for scale.

Front:

Back:

Side:

Open:

The drawer is held shut by a magnet.

Thats nice Lugi .

United Airlines tiki mobile. Sent out to travel agencies to promote United Airlines and Disneyland.

That mobile is incredible!

Wow! That mobile really is amazing! :o

Here are a few more common vintage collectibles.

Post card

Matchbook

Oh yeah, love that mobile. Here is sorta an insider collectible, Kev'n'Jody made a couple of these for fun, for friends:

front

back

They are two sequins that you can hammer onto the Tiki drummer's eyes so they reflect - just like they do in the Tiki Room. They again "nailed" that vintage look, the lil' bag looks like it's from the 60s. :)

Wow Sven, those are freakin cool!!! The 29 cent stamp looks real, as does the "Japan" logo....And I was really going to attach giant gold sequin to the eyes of my drummer, for a more realistic look. I can't believe they made those! Those guys are unbelievably cool!

Here's a few pics from my collection...

Enjoy! :)

CJ

On 2009-10-24 11:21, Tikinomad wrote:
Here's a few pics from my collection...

Enjoy! :)

wow! I don't even want to show mine now

Hmm...maybe it's just a weird deja vu within things Disney, but does not the MCP from the movie "Tron" look like one of those tikis from the mobile?

My God, did I just admit I saw that movie? Wait, uh, I mean, I spotted this picture on the web and...

GK

Purses

Reproduction clothing

Newish shirts

T

Way back in 2005 Tangaroa and tiki1963 showcased their awesome Tikiroom collections in this thread:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=14594&forum=12&start=0
Bad news is that all the pictures are gone :(

The first Enchanted Tiki Room Brochure:

Hello all! New here, I am looking for some info from the experts that seem to frequent this site! I have a couple figures my husband calls "Huba-Gubas". They look real similar to the tiki babies I've seen pictured, but appear to be "adults" and have rafia hair, and shell and stone necklaces and belts. They are about 12-14" tall and have paper Made in Japan stickers on the feet and I think they are composition. They came from an estate sale and the 60'ish lady that sold them to me said she never did like them even when she was a kid-they were her dad's. When I get back home to hi speed, I can post some pics. Any help about what they are and value would be greatly appreciated!

Vintage United Airlines Enchanted Tiki Room host shirt:

Front:

Back:

Not my tiki figurines , however I thought these two tall vintage Disney
tiki figurines were worthy of posting so everyone could see them.
Some lucky person will be adding these to their collection.
I would venture to say these were made in the 1960's with the made
in Japan foil sticker.Congrads to who ever won this prize pair.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380175109444&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380175108399&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

[ Edited by: 1961surf 2009-11-14 18:51 ]

Love everyones' collections! Thanks for sharing. Here are a few from my own collection that I don't think I saw on here yet.

wall sconces from the Polynesian Resort

I have another poster featuring Jose that is waiting for a frame and wall space.

These also came from the Polynesian Resort, pre remodel

Those 2 panels are just too cool!!! :)

Z
Zeta posted on Tue, Dec 15, 2009 7:40 PM

Found in Mexico...

On 2009-02-09 22:13, LOL Tiki wrote:

On 2009-02-09 22:05, Zeta wrote:
Enchanted Tiki Room Soundtrack.

Brand new, with plastic sleeve. 1968. I wonder how much would this go for on ebay? I saw an open one for $29.99

Judging from the price tag, that was originally purchased at the park. Nice find!

LOL Tiki!

[ Edited by: LOL Tiki 2009-02-09 22:14 ]

Aloha amigos!

X
xtine posted on Wed, Mar 31, 2010 7:58 PM

You guys should post your collectibles on the Enchanted Tiki Room fan page on Facebook. One assignment we had for class was to create a Facebook fan page and Enchanted Tiki Room seems like an obvious fan page to me!

http://www.facebook.com/enchantedtikiroom

Happy to bump with this find from today!

You found as is? With the frame fetish matting and everything? Awesome because that mat job is pretty pricey.

Great find !

Yep, I'm a lucky guy! Bought as is.

Picked this up today, probably paid a little too much for it, but I've never seen anything like it where The Enchanted Tiki Room and even Disneyland are concerned. Anyone have any insight or seen anything like this previously? Can't wait till it arrives and I can display it!

S

On 2012-03-06 10:07, FacesPlace wrote:
Picked this up today, probably paid a little too much for it, but I've never seen anything like it where The Enchanted Tiki Room and even Disneyland are concerned. Anyone have any insight or seen anything like this previously? Can't wait till it arrives and I can display it!

$45 wasn't a bad price considering.

On 2012-03-06 10:07, FacesPlace wrote:

Oooh, oooh, yes I have seen these! In fact I have 20 of them in a box...

Nah, I'm just foolin'. I ain't ever seen one. Cool find FP.

Disneyland stuff in somewhat aggravating in this respect, I can't tell you how many items I've come across over the years that seem to be completely off the radar. I mean, yeah, it's great to have a rare item, but considering the vastness of the internet, you'd think you'd be able to find some info on a Disneyland souvenir that had to be produced in a somewhat significant quantity. Bah, I just like knowing the history of the items I have, it's fun for me to know that kinda thing. Glad we've found one of these, now those that may be interested in having one know to keep their eyes peeled!

Here are two postcard I have with a nice artist rendering of the entrance to Adventureland leading to the Tiki Room.

I just picked this one up, had not seen it before.

And an old photo of the Tikis at the entrance.

DC

Always loved that rendering on the top - but why are the two masks rendered like Harlequin faces !? :lol:

As Disney releases mugs and such, are they available on-line or at the Park?

On 2012-05-17 04:23, The Blue Kahuna wrote:
As Disney releases mugs and such, are they available on-line or at the Park?

This really all depends on when and how the mug is being released. If it's an event exclusive,and there are some left over after the event, then they could be ordered through "DelivEars", but shipping can be pretty pricey. Now that Disney Store is owned by Disney and sells Disney Parks products, it's possible that leftovers could end up there, but that's unlikely.

If (when, hopefully) mugs get released for bar locations like Trader Sam's, they would likely only be available at the specific location. Hope that helps a bit.

It does, thanks. I've been curious as to why I've never really seen the "Enchanted" tiki items for sale except on eBay and other secondary options. Being up here in Northern California, cuts into the ability to pick up souvenirs :(

Pages: 1 2 3 126 replies