Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Ongoing liquidation of the Aku Hall - Tiki items for sale!

Pages: 1 19 replies

T

Aloha Chicagoans!

As many of you know, I have maintained my home tiki bar, Aku Hall, since 1995.

Pics of it are best seen here:
http://www.critiki.com/cgi-bin/pictures.cgi?loc_id=494#/images/locations/494/496_large.JPG

I have had some severe water damage to the roof and walls of my condo building, as well as resulting water damage to my living room and to Aku Hall. Fortunately, very few of my tiki artifacts were damaged.
However, I do have to completely empty the room in order for the interior and exterior workers to restore the building and the rooms.

After nearly fifteen years, it is time for a change, and this construction work is the impetus.

At this time I am liquidating about 65% of my huge collection of vintage and contemporary TIKI items, collected between 1990 and 2009.

I am selling over 100 tiki mugs (1950s to 2000s), plus some bamboo furniture, boxes full of keychains, pendants, swizzle sticks, postcards, unworn t-shirts, Coco Joe's items, black velvet paintings (no Leeteg), wood carvings, lamps, and a while lot more.
Trader Vic's items, Tiki Farm items, Dynasty and KC modern mugs, etc.

Please email for an appointment to stop by and view the items for sale.
The best stuff will go fast, so do not delay.
First-come, first served.

Please do not email asking for a list, there is FAR too much.

mahalo nui!
JT

[ Edited by: tikibars 2010-04-26 11:44 ]

Wish I could be there! And I dig the new direction Aku Hall will be taking.

That's sucks about the water damage James (I know how you feel).

Maybe it was a sign for a change.

Wish I could make it to check out that vinyl. I'll be in Columbus freezing my ass off.

Good luck with the sale and rebuilding project!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

T

Sorry to hear about the water damage too.

I love the Aku Hall makeover to a 19th century "cabinet of natural curiosities"... so much potential there for additional coolness not normally associated with Polynesia.

Good Luck with the mini-estate sale, I wish I could be there for that and to meet you tiki Chicagoans.

Cheers!

..looks like it's gonna be just you and I....staring across our mai tais at each other....

T

Sounds romantic, Dave.
;-/
But, uh, bring your ghoulfriend, she's better for you than I could ever be.

Jeff, if you spotted any vinyl you need when you were at my pad this spring, LMK and I'll put it aside.

Ugh, James - so sorry to hear about the damage!
Glad the bulk was unhurt, however.

Also bummed I don't live closer, so I could get some of those goodies....

Like I have 1/4 inch of spare space in my lounge. :roll:

"Zazz captivates felt."

[ Edited by: Formikahini 2009-10-21 18:09 ]

Now that an event I'd buy tickets for..an afternoon with you, Tipsy and Mia Tias. Maybe after a few well poured Mia Tias he will share inspiration with you from redoing his "personal bar" after moving...looks like I was in Chicago at the wrong time..I saw Opera as she did her show on the street, but she would not have been my 1st choice had I had one...best to you in the new undertaking...8)

T

[ Edited by: tikibars 2009-11-14 19:54 ]

T

(updates below)

[ Edited by: tikibars 2010-04-26 11:45 ]

T

(updates below)

[ Edited by: tikibars 2010-04-26 11:46 ]

T

BUMP.....

Chicago-area tikiphiles are welcome to come to my pad in person, this Sunday, December 6, from 3:00 to 7:00 p.m. and grab a Big Stone Head mug and eBook in person (at a savings over the web price - no shipping/packing cost!).

I will also be passing some of my own tiki collection along to interested collectors....

PI

We'll be in town a week too late! Flying up for a quick trip Dec 11-13.

T

Sorry you'll be missing out!

T

Thanks for the mai tai's James. It was good to hang out with you.

All righty.

Time for the next big push.

The remodeling is finally happening in the next month, and I still have tons of Tiki that needs to be scattered to the tradewinds, and find its way into worthy homes and expecially home bars.

For those new to this thread, I am liquidating over 65% of my huge collection of vintage and contemporary TIKI items, collected between 1990 and 2009.

I had some people over for organized gatherings in October and December, but now I REALLY need to start moving stuff!

For sale: over 100 tiki mugs (1950s to 2000s), plus some bamboo furniture, boxes full of keychains, pendants, swizzle sticks, postcards, unworn t-shirts, Coco Joe's items, black velvet paintings (no Leeteg), aloha shirts, wood carvings, lamps, and a while lot more.
Trader Vic's items, Tiki Farm items, Dynasty and KC modern mugs, etc.

Please email for an appointment to stop by and view the items for sale.
The best stuff is already going fast, so do not delay.
First-come, first served.

Please do not email asking for a list, there is FAR too much.

Plenty of cheap stuff at $5 or less, and just as many choice prizes... priced accordingly...

mahalo nui!
JT

• James T.

Get my newest book, Big Stone Head at: http://www.bigstonehead.com

For Tiki Road Trip, Left Orbit Temple, global travelogues, and more, visit: http://www.tydirium.net

[ Edited by: tikibars 2010-04-26 11:56 ]

i so want to take a road trip and come back with a car-full of tiki

Any West coasters heading out that way? Contact me if you are. I won't be anywhere close to there until early August.
Best of luck with your sale. I hope it all works out for you.

Hi everyone, I'm from Aptos Ca. and new to Tiki. My brother (Tikisteve) was a huge collector of all things tiki and has passed away. He has left a huge amount of vintage TikiHawaiiana collectibles for me to figure out what to do with. If anyone would like to obtain or has ideas for donations I would love to know. I'm finding out why he loved Tiki so much. It's the people. Maholo

On 2010-04-27 08:02, stevestew wrote:
Hi everyone, I'm from Aptos Ca. and new to Tiki. My brother (Tikisteve) was a huge collector of all things tiki and has passed away. He has left a huge amount of vintage TikiHawaiiana collectibles for me to figure out what to do with. If anyone would like to obtain or has ideas for donations I would love to know. I'm finding out why he loved Tiki so much. It's the people. Maholo

You should post some pictures over in tiki marketplace with some prices. I am sure there are many here who would be interested in purchasing these items, I would as well.

PTD

Pages: 1 19 replies