Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Hulaween at Forbidden Island

Pages: 1 12 replies

See: Scary movies projected against the wall

Drink: Spooky Cocktail Specials

Hear: Live Theremin from Robert Silverman* and spookabilly shock’n’roll music from DJ Fitz of “Firetiki”

Experience: A Halloween Party like never before

Costume Contest with some awesome prizes!!

Why trick’r’treat anywhere else? You’ll be safe on this Island…

ALOHA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!

*The theremin is a mysterious instrument invented in the 1920s
and used for many movie scores including "The Lost Weekend"
and "The Day the Earth Stood Still," as well as pop songs like The Beach Boys' "Good Vibrations."
It's the official Halloween instrument, and Robert is its master!

I'll have "Your Favorite Cougar" (a.k.a. my mom) in tow and we'll be on the island at another event, so we'll try to stop by.

Costume contest heating up!! Grand prize: Dinner for two at Trader Vic's Emeryville. Lot of cool give aways too. Head on by...in your finest!!

BEWARE OF THE (DOOR) MAN IN THE SILVER MASK...he'll have extra "thrilling prizes" throughout the night, and he'll be hosting some special movies for the Indoor Tiki Drive-In, including "Mad Monster Party" "Mad Doctor of Blood Island" and "Forbidden Planet"...

S

HAppy Halllooooowweeeeeeen! :) Who's up for good times tonight at Forbidden Island?

You've heard about the awesome old movies! You've heard about fabulous prizes for the costume contest! You've heard about haunting theremin music from Robert Silverman!

And now, hear details about our Spooky Cocktail Specials:

Corpse Reviver - A classic that does more than knock your socks off... it raises the dead.

Angels on Ice - A creamy tribute to the 70's with Hanger One Lime, Falernum and Allspice dram

Renfield Cocktail - The Blood is the Life! Strengthen your life force by consuming this potent mix of Limoncello and our fresh squeezed cranberry juice. The color of blood... but much tastier.

Jack'O'Lantern - Tis the season for pumpkins, turkey, and Jack Daniels! The flavors of passion fruit, allspice berry, cardamom are combined with whiskey for a true treat.

Come in your finest rotting threads...

I'll see YOU at the Island!

Suzanne

I think I might need a spooky cocktail and a spooky PBR.

LAST MINUTE ALERT!

The door man who was coming up from Mexico got stopped at the border, so we're importing one from MIAMI instead, he'll help keep the VICE under control, and keep those ANGELS behind the bar happy, too...BRING YOUR IDS!!! This guy's strictly by the book, pal...

ps
there's also been a change up in the movie lineup...expect more 70s tricks and 80s treats, in addition to other surprises...

[ Edited by: AquaZombie 2009-10-31 16:59 ]

THIS WAS A FREAKIN' CRAZY NIGHT!! I have NEVER seen that joint so packed, 10 deep at the bar, the patio was jammed, it went on till closing time, too! SO many great costumes! It was a night to remember...hella pix, dig the mad merry mayhem...

Charlie's Angels (Meg as Kelly, Amanda as Jill, Susan as Sabrina)

Charlie's Angels with Bosley (Paddy)

Charlie's Angels meet Sonny "Miami Vice" Crockett (Will the Thrill, my first time as Sonny since the show was on the air!!)

It was so busy, Molokai Mike lost his head...

Haunted Tiki

Melissa and Gary swing by to say sayonara, suckers

My wife, Monica Tiki Goddess as Joan from "Mad Men"

Joan meets Don (Johnson, not Draper)

DJ Fitz gets jiggy wid it

Robert Silverman thrills the packed house with live theremin

Our costume contest winners, #1, Headhunter and Alex from "Clockwork Orange"

Winner #2, the Pumpkin Twins

Winner #3, Joe DiMaggio and Marilyn Monroe, back from the dead but looking better than ever...

Winner #4, The Zombie Newlyweds

Winner #5:
Undead Couple from Pittsburgh, PA

Too late to compete, but woulda been contenders:
Telephone Pole!!

Star Trek crew beams down on Planet Tiki!

Laundry Man arrives to clean up!

Snow White meets the Zombie Pirate...somewhere in the fog...

King Kong finally scores with Fay Wray...only at Forbidden Island...

ps
it got so damn crazy spooky busy that Monica AKA "Joan Holloway" jumped in and helped out behind the bar...

Even MORE pix...

Haunted Forbidden Island

Mad Men Vice

Another live theremin shot

Monica (Joan) with Robert and Debra

More of the Headless Tikiman of Forbidden Island

More random revelers:

Molokai Mike and his pal, the Blue Guy

Scott and Jen

Chad and Jenny

Larry Jedi

[ Edited by: AquaZombie 2009-11-01 14:36 ]

Check out these many "tiki noir" photos of the event by pro photographer Joel Brandwein - spooky, stylish stuff!!
http://s612.photobucket.com/albums/tt203/alparty09/Forbidden%20Island%20Halloween%2009/

Great pics!

Pages: 1 12 replies