Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Can I borrow 5 grand?

Pages: 1 6 replies

Saw this tonight. Maybe we can pool our funds? No, this is not my sale...:)

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/atq/1432114001.html

Due to poor health and unfortunate family circumstances, I am forced to sacrifice my entire 20 year plus lifetime collection of quality Hawaiiana antiques and collectibles. This is a shipping container full of outstanding vintage and also newer Hawaiian goodies with an estimated wholesale value of at least $25,000 + (the retail value is higher, naturally). I had an antique and collectibles store in Hawaii and just recently moved back here to the Mainland and brought the container with me. But I am ill now and cannot manage setting-up and running a shop. I am also not in good enough health to do the flea market circuit, so EVERYTHING MUST GO NOW!
This eclectic inventory consists of, but is not limited to the following (there is SO much more !): Over 500 Hawaiian shirts ranging from the 1950's-present with labels such as Liberty House, Reyn Spooner, Kahala, Duke Kahanamoku, Tommy Bahama, Waikiki76, RJC/Kalaheo, Iolani, Andrade, Diamond Head, Kamehameha, Tori Richards, bark cloths and assorted silks, etc., etc., Bamboo items, bamboo furniture, liquor decanters, all kinds of tiki mugs, large tiki statues and tiki masks, occupied Japan figurines, Kimonos, surf culture art, Pearl Harbor commemorative pieces, lots of vintage costume jewelry from the '50's, '60's and 70's, quality art prints (framed and unframed), lots of Sterling silver jewelry, Hawaiian dolls, taxidermy, authentic nautical salvage, vintage Hawaiian records, lamps, chalkware, whimsical and interesting signage, ephemera--greeting cards, magnets, rubber stamps, vintage post cards, picture frames; cups, mugs, ashtrays, dishes, strings and strings of decorative tiki lights, paper lanterns, Asian figurines and knick-knacks, primitives, children's wear, hats, purses, board shorts, Hawaiian shell jewelry, high-quality abalone jewelry, vintage cloisonne jewelry and boxes, ocean and sea life themed art and collectibles, even necessary office supplies ! Whew !

This was my store. Everything you need for a store is here. Open your own store, add to your store, and/or eBay it. Two or more people can go in together. WINNER TAKES ALL !! I'm not parting anything out. Buyer takes it all ! You won't be disappointed. I have GREAT stuff !

Seriously interested parties only please ! THIS IS A FABULOUS OPPORTUNITY ! Merchandise is located in a large storage unit in Santa Cruz. Buyer will need to plan on spending at least one complete day, probably two full days to help me pull everything out and load onto your truck(s). I will go through all boxes and crates with buyer explaining everything they need to know about the value of and market for the items. My years of experience and knowledge will serve you well.
Cash on delivery.
MAHALO NUI ! :)

LT

Wow - that's tempting!

Makes you wonder though....Why if you would have the time to help someone go through the stuff and load it up onto trucks, that you couldn't just take pictures and throw the stuff little by little up on ebay?

or hire some tiki geek to post the stuff for you in exchange for a small percentage of the sale of such items and first dibs on anything they want for their collection as they unpack it....seems the best way to get the most bang for your buck. You had the stuff all these years, why get rid of it on the cheap ? people are still spending huge anounts of money despite the recession and the rarer items will always command a high price.

..or, you can contact KC to buy the whole thing ...:)

Post is already taken down off craigs list, perhaps some bought already .

Hmmm, I wonder if the seller was tikitrader aka lanikai...

Hmmm, I wonder if Koalacharms bought it.

Pages: 1 6 replies