Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Holy Grail of Tiki!!!!

Pages: 1 25 replies

you can look but don't touch..hehehe
found at a church auction for 25.00 bucks (i talked them down to 20..arnt I a Stinker)

Nice Score Doctor of the Witch!

You could of had them all for $6.95 back in 1967!

DC

yea and to think how many are still out there in Grandma's closet, or old storage shead...and some people still make fun of me for digging in trash cans, or stopping along the road lookng in boxes from where peopel have moved out... never know what you may find..trash is king in my book

WD

[ Edited by: The Witch Doctor 2009-10-22 20:41 ]

I am your primary beneficiary on your life policy right Johnny ??

yep....but you will need two trucks to haul off my collection..hahahah

And quite a collection it is my man !

Whatcha gonna serve in 'em first?!

On 2009-10-22 19:46, The Witch Doctor wrote:
found at a church auction for 25.00 bucks (i talked them down to 20..arnt I a Stinker)

Hallelujah!!

T

Here I am, planning on liquidating half of my tiki collection beginning tonight, and still drooling over your score....

On 2009-10-22 19:46, The Witch Doctor wrote:
you can look but don't touch..hehehe

You're a lot more savvy than me, I would have talked them up on those.

oh man! so jealous!!!

I just wish I could find just one of those!

great score!

I think you should bring them to Antiques Roadshow. I am alway hoping to see some rare tiki on that show.

Super find! I always LOVE getting a vintage item w/ the original box...how many were tossed immediately?

WOW- looks like it's going to be a great Christmas at the WitchDoctor house!

You are blessed it seems huh?, GREAT find?...naw
UNBELIEVABLE FIND...YES!

Fantastic find, Witch Doctor! God Bless them church rummage sales.

On 2009-10-23 10:20, nature boy wrote:
I think you should bring them to Antiques Roadshow. I am alway hoping to see some rare tiki on that show.

A friend and I brought some rare tiki stuff to the Antiques Roadshow as a test and believe me, the folks here on TC know a LOT more about tiki than the experts on Roadshow. Tiki just hasn't hit their radar yet as a collectible. They have experts on art-pottery & old English china, but show them a tiki mug and they will humbly admit they don't know. It might take a few more decades before Poly-pop collectibles become legitimate in the larger world.

yea the road show is fun to watch but it just like anything elses you might have an itme worth 10,000 bucks..but who is gonna shell out the coin for it

Ma halo for posting a pic of your wonderful find. I knew they came in a set of 4 but I never saw a picture of the TV logo on the cover of the box, very cool!

this weekend, i found 8 tiki mugs, 3 coco joe's, 2 Hula girls and 2 Brass Gong's from the Kahiki..its Tiki Meca down here in the south..and i did't spend over 20 bucks.. gotta love flea markets and rummage sales..and yes i am the one who has 9 Suffering Bastards (all orgingal) + 4 in the box set so 13 total
Luckey Number?....heheheheh

You trying to be the Hunt Brothers of Suffering Bastards? :wink:

now to think about it... sounds like my new Quest...how many can i snag up by the end of the year?
I have 13 now let see if i can make it up to 24.. and i'll provide pictures to show the results...SWEET!!!

[ Edited by: The Witch Doctor 2009-10-30 11:41 ]

How about flooding the market and driving down the price for us mortals?

H
harro posted on Sat, Oct 31, 2009 4:31 AM

wow, nice find - i've never even seen one of those in person, but i've always loved the design - a tiki classic! one day i'd love to see one and maybe add it to my collection....

NB

So, what would be your estimated appraisal for these? They are highly valuable to collectors, but how high would these go for with the right collectors? I am curious.

UT

Was the decanter ever sold with the four pack set or was it sold separately ??

Pages: 1 25 replies