Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Somewhat "Book of Tiki" related show at the Bigfoot Lodge L.A.

Pages: 1 1 replies

A

Hi all

I have a record label in my "spare" time, and one of my most recent projects involves Los Angeles band The Sugarplastic. We are having a record release show at the Bigfoot Lodge in Atwater Village (L.A.) on Wed. April 30.

How is this tiki related, you might ask? Well, the bass player in The Sugarplastic AND the leader of the opening band of the night is Kiara Geller. Kiara is a HUGE HUGE tiki collector, his apartment puts my little Witco face and single wall of mugs to shame. He's contributed quite a bit to the "Book of Tiki" and is also helping out with the new Witco book. The music is more pop/rock/indie/whatever, but since I know some of y'all enjoy the ambiance of the Bigfoot, I figured I'd post about it here.

Cover should be $3.00 and I'm working on getting them to have some drink specials. The bar opens around 8:30 and music should start around 10.

Any questions, drop me a line at [email protected]

Yet another thing I am bummed to miss....
Check out the Elvis photo in the BOT (Backyard Polynesia Chapter), it has a dedication to Kiara written on it from one of the girls in it. That's because Kiara's dad used to be Elvis' hairdresser AND psychic adviser.
Kiara's collection of Tiki paper ephemera easily rivals mine and that of other BOT contributors like Bosko and Beachbum Berry. A dedicated urban archeologist indeed.

Bye from Bigbro from Vegas, one foot on the plane to Germany

Pages: 1 1 replies