Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Is this a rare Tiki?

Pages: 1 31 replies

M

[ Edited by: mr2sharp 2009-10-28 05:01 ]

Hi and welcome to TC. Nice find. I have seen these around before, both in and out of the box from time to time. I am not sure about the rarity but I'm sure some folks here can give some more info. Thanks for posting.

H

MR2Sharp -I have to look hard for the company website , I am sure a Hawaii based company was
re-poping these.I have several of the large 31" original tall ones .Can you show a pic of the back.I think these are very cool .

Gee, we didn't even get a thank you.

M

[ Edited by: mr2sharp 2009-10-28 05:03 ]

M

[ Edited by: mr2sharp 2009-10-28 05:03 ]

On 2009-10-26 07:29, Hakalugi wrote:

Ahem,

Hakalugi nailed this on the third post...Flipper...no doubt...and Buzzy busted mr2sharp out with the ebay link...which just goes to show you not everyone here is asleep at the wheel!

"Sorry I haven't been able to get on and Thank everyone for there input. I greatly appreciate your responses. Here is a photo of the back. Hopefully it will coincide with the authentic pieces, if that happens to be a determining factor for authenticity"...blah, blah, blah!

FLIPPER!! Not that I wouldn't have done the same thing...Hey, wait a minute...who determined it was an authentic piece, if that was determined as a factor for authenticity? I am so confused?

Thank you? Your welcome??

PTD

M

[ Edited by: mr2sharp 2009-10-28 05:05 ]

On 2009-10-27 17:18, mr2sharp wrote:
I didn't realize that forum members would have a negative reaction to my post, based on the fact that this item is for sale. I didn't even mention the auction for that very purpose. The same member that stated "a Hawaiian company is making these" also requested a photo of the back. I thought the reasoning behind seeing the back was to form a more extensive opinion. I just wanted an opinion from a collectors standpoint.
I'm sorry for the confusion.
[ Edited by: mr2sharp 2009-10-27 17:37 ]

Herein is where the problem lies..

This is your ebay posting after your first post on TC...

This is the rarest of the United Airlines tiki figures. It measures 6 1/2" tall and is in perfect condition (no cracks, chips, paint loss, etc). It is designed to look like wood, however it made of some type pottery plaster. It is a fragile piece that has been handled with care for many years. The bottom is padded with gray felt. I'm sorry I couldn't get all the pictures upright, If you need more photos let me know and I will post them on photobucket. There is a little bit of dust that has accumulated on it through the years, but I promise it can all be removed with a few q-tips. If you aren't 100% satisfied sent it back and you will get a full refund guaranteed. If you have any questions please contact me and I will respond promptly. Thanks For Looking and Happy Bidding. Insurance is included!!!

No problem with with you selling, 99.1% feedback is the ???

The only question I have is "This is the rarest of the United Airlines tiki figures"

PTD

PTD

Dude,
You KNOW the only reason you joined T.C. and posted that "find" in the first place was to get an idea on how much you would make selling it. THAT'S what all the negativity is about. We can sniff that sh*t out a mile away. If you would have stepped up and "owned" the fact that that was what you were/are doing, then at least you'd have a little respectability. That's what the posting category "Tiki Marketplace" is for, which we all use to sell things and get the word out with no disgrace whatsoever. The fact that you tried to "cover-up" your eBay listing just makes it shady and we all don't respond well to that, as you have noticed.

In fairness, mr2sharp did post this in his opening post:

On 2009-10-25 18:15, mr2sharp wrote:
I am also wondering the price range it should sell for?

which I took to mean, before anyone else had even posted, that he was planning to resell it. :shrug:

M

[ Edited by: mr2sharp 2009-10-28 05:04 ]

I am not sure of its authenticity, however very cool piece.You would get alot more
interest and more bids if you started the bidding at $ 1.00 with no reserve and
let the bidders determine what it sells for vs. starting it where you have it.
Its just an opinion ..good luck .

M

[ Edited by: mr2sharp 2009-10-28 05:02 ]

T

:shecky:

[ Edited by: teaKEY 2009-10-28 07:00 ]

Who asked to end it early with a buy it now??? Anyone we know here on TC???

DC

M

M

Sex Bomb Baby, Yeah!

M

On 2009-10-28 14:24, freddiefreelance wrote:

Hell yeah, burn baby burn!!!!!! We sure busted him, hahahahaha. He ain't gonna pull a sneaky on this tiki. We ain't sleepin at the wheel, as you can see. arr arr matey!!!!!!!!

[ Edited by: mr2sharp 2009-10-28 18:30 ]

W

"Hell yeah, burn baby burn!!!!!! We sure busted him, hahahahaha. He ain't gonna pull a sneaky on this tiki. We ain't sleepin at the wheel, as you can see. arr arr matey!!!!!!!!" -mr2sharp-

Ho-ho! Slap! Ouch!

So clever, delete all your comments but leave one last zinger! Dang! That really is too sharp!

We're gonna have to go soak our asses in ice water cuz you, mr2sharp, can really bite down hard.

M

Oh!!! I this my topic? I thought someones ass was getting handed to them.

"I this my topic?".....man, you really are sharp!

M

I'm going to post a picture of some solid brass Tiki bookends tomorrow. It looks like the bottom is padded with black velvet.

T

On 2009-10-29 13:21, mr2sharp wrote:
I'm going to post a picture of some solid brass Tiki bookends tomorrow. It looks like the bottom is padded with black velvet.

How soon before you delete this posting?

M
Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.