Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

New Trader Vic'c 75th Anniversary Mug!

Pages: 1 22 replies

I saw this on the TV site and had to share it....

http://www.tradervicsgourmet.com/product/167/9

...very cool!

LT

I like it! Thanks for the heads-up. :)

E

Nice mug - thanks for the 'heads-up!'

It's a nice mug, I like it!
Thanks for heading this up.

No worries guys, I'm usually not the first to find these things but I always love to share my Tiki finds when I can! :) They also had a cool TV bar mat for sale on the site which I thought was kinda cool too! Here's the link...

http://www.tradervicsgourmet.com/product/165/19

Cheers!

Did it sell out already?! It's off the TV website....wierd!?

"don't panic...all is well..."

I talked to the warehouse today. The mugs were prematurely posted on their website. The official roll out is supposed to be next month.

LT

That's good to hear. I thought I had missed out.

Ooooooh.......mine shipped out early, sweet! :)

K

Those 75th Anniv. glasses are new? Dallas has been using these since late Spring...I just assumed they'd been around for a while.

BTW $56 for 6 of these is a WAAAY overpriced (as are most things sold by Trader Vic's Gourmet). If you live near a Trader Vic's you can get these for $6 each. If not, well, sorry.

[ Edited by: Kenike 2009-10-30 19:13 ]

No, it was a different mug, the link is different now. I'll post a pic of it when I receive it.

I believe the mug we are all drooling over is a Fogcutter with a base that reads "Trader Vic's 75 Anniversary" or some such thing...Rumor is they are planning some drink specials in the new mug next month.

Duroool!!

[ Edited by: JTTiki 2009-10-31 01:12 ]

K

On 2009-10-30 20:13, Tikinomad wrote:
No, it was a different mug, the link is different now. I'll post a pic of it when I receive it.

Ahhh, now it all makes sense. Yes...please post a pic!

T

It's been re listed on the website but at a higher price :(
Here's a pic of the mug...

It reminds me of the great vintage Trader Vic's menu illustrations...

T

...it was $18.75 but now it's $24.95....WTF!?

Put a drink in it and I’m your huckleberry.

T

Got the mug a few weeks ago... Quite a nice mug by the way. Beautiful detailed colors and a very nice glaze. Not sure who made them.

A little annoyed with the palm leaf over the boobs. One of the things I always liked about Tiki culture is that is not concerned about being "politically correct". Seems like our culture is getting more and more prudish.

mine is still the best...hahahaha

L

Oh Witch Doctor ...there you go..pulling a Kanye West.

"Your Tiki Mugs are good....but Witch Doctor's are better"

:wink:

[ Edited by: leleliz 2009-12-03 11:26 ]

LT

On 2009-12-03 10:37, Tattoo wrote:
Got the mug a few weeks ago... Quite a nice mug by the way. Beautiful detailed colors and a very nice glaze. Not sure who made them.

I think these were done by Tiki Farm; I'm pretty sure I saw some sample pieces in their Oasis booth this year.

R

tiki farm!!!

T
TikiG posted on Thu, Dec 3, 2009 1:21 PM

Yeah! What's with the palm leaf over her boobs? Must be the 'Shirley Temple' version...

PD

U.S. shipping only... :(

Pages: 1 22 replies