Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Beltramo's gets the nod from Appleton

Pages: 1 2 replies

Beltramo's Wine and Spirits in Menlo Park is my cocktail mecca. Although their wine selection overshadows the spirits by a mile, their selection of spirits is the finest I have ever seen and their prices are competitive. An employee there told me that the rep from Appleton had just visited last week and that they have been deemed worthy of selling Appleton Master Blender Legacy 30 year old rum. Not that I will ever be able to taste it. He thinks it will be somewhere around $300. But its cool that they have been recognized as a great place to buy rum and just about everything else you need to make great cocktails (including fresh lemons and limes). And they will forever have my love as the only place I know of that carries Heinz Ketshup in the glass bottles, they way it was meant to be. They get it from a restaurant supply.

Has anyone tried the Appleton premium?

T

Beltramo's is awesome. My BF and I visit any time I'm in CA and have a good liquor budget; I believe it was Beltramo's that aided him in having five kinds of Laphroaig (10yr, 15yr, 25yr, Cask Strength and Quarter Cask) when I visited for his bday last year. Their selection of everything is amazing. Though, as I collect vintage stuff, I usually seek out grubby old liquor stores to hunt down old unsold stock. They even sell that chocolate bar with bacon and salt, which is heavenly stuff - we usually finish one bar in a few minutes. Gonna have to pay more attention to their rums!

Pages: 1 2 replies