Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Greetings from Down Undah

Pages: 1 9 replies

G'day!

I've been super busy but wanted to shout out to let the Ohana know that I'm down in Ozzie Land! I flew over on the 18th to see our pal Tiki Trav tie the knot over on Heron Island off the coast of Queensland. Then back on the big rock, I've done 2 seminars in conjunction with Appleton's Rum in Brisbane and in Melbourne. I'm now back up in Sydney for a Monday night presentation. Monday's are the bartenders nights off and Appleton's is conducting rum tasting seminars and then I do power point slide show presentations about the history of "Tiki" since it's rebirth. Did a meet & greet also at Outre in Melbourne - good turn-out & lots of fun. Should've blogged/twitted/faceb...'d - just a bit overwhelmed. 17 days in total away from the office... ouch!!

H

Tiki travelling for fun, rum and science--you NEEDED that, pal!

Holden
Check out Mega ramp in melborne - not tiki but fun and music!

TT

go home already!!!!

H
harro posted on Sat, Oct 31, 2009 4:26 AM

appleton and tiki farm in my old hometown of Brisbane - things have changed in the last couple of years since i left!

where was it and how did it go in Brisbane holden?

M

On 2009-10-31 04:26, harro wrote:
appleton and tiki farm in my old hometown of Brisbane - things have changed in the last couple of years since i left!

where was it and how did it go in Brisbane holden?

The night in Brisbane was really a lot of fun. We had about 50+ regional bartenders show up for the tasting and then the after party was around a total of 200 people. The event was held at the Fox Hotel Bar on the rooftop in South Brisbane on I believe Melbourne Street. There was one of those crazy 10 minute "power storms" that rolled on through and as the top floor is a covered outdoor bar, it was pretty cool actually - kind of added to the night. The storm blazed in and then it was gone. The weather over here has been pretty stellar for the entire trip.

A week or so after I return home and start getting caught up, I'll post up more about my adventures down in Australia. I've had an amazing albeit exhausting time during my travels.

if it was 2 years ago.....Mugoomba wood be trashed by now with you" down under."

But, age is kickin' in. Like a fine wine.....enjoy!

TT

Thanks again Holden for visiting and participating in the "big day".. was great to have you over here and give you a little insight into the drunken antics you have witnessed over the last few years, also thanks for all of your help with everything and saving my ass (again), would have been weird with no wedding ring..
See you soon mate..

Trav & Sarah...

H
harro posted on Thu, Nov 5, 2009 12:11 AM

Thanks Holden for the wrap up - good to hear it went well. Hopefully I can expect a good mai tai on my trip back home in Dec.

Congrats Trav on the wedding, was there a special mug made for the big day?

H
hewey posted on Wed, Jan 13, 2010 5:36 PM

You were in Sydney and I missed you? Bugger :( Hope you enjoyed your time down under mate :D

Pages: 1 9 replies