Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

tiki wonderland iv at the tonga hut--sunday, dec.13

Pages: 1 2 3 128 replies

Thank you, Grog, for putting together another fine holiday gathering! Kelly's drinks, Jeff's tunes, wonderful stuff to buy from everyone... Loved it all!

G
GROG posted on Mon, Dec 14, 2009 10:19 AM

Thank you everybody who came to the Tiki Wonderland art show at the Tonga Hut. Thanks Jeremy, and thanks Kelly for mixing tasty drinks. Takes a little bit longer to mix those Tiki drinks with all those ingredients than it does to pop the top off a beer bottle and hand it to one of the regulars, eh? :) You were working your butt off!

Thank you to all the artists for participating, and thank you to the people who baked cookies for the Kuki contest. Congratulations Kirby for Best Looking Tiki Kuki (even though BigTikiDude ate the top of the head off), and Tangaroa Ru (Kari) for Most Tasty Kuki. Thanks Tiki Tony for donating a couple of pendants to the winners.

Thanks Jeff BigTikiDude for DJing. GROG's ears are still bleeding. Who plays punk rock at full volume at a Tiki Bar? Sheesh!

GROG

P.S. Nice meeting the new people who showed up. GROG have terrible memory, so next time GROG see you and not remember your name, please not get mad at GROG.

[ Edited by: GROG 2009-12-14 10:28 ]

T

What a great time last night! So much incredible art and good friends, both old & new. Big "Thank You's" to BTD for keeping everyone in the holiday spirit with rockin' tunes, to Kelly for keeping the holiday spirits in us with her phenomenal tiki concoctions, and, most of all, an extra special "Muchos Gracias" to the one & only Masters Grog and Jeremy & The Tonga Hut for putting it all together.

Happy Holidays to all & Best Wishes for The New Year.

What a great night!

MANY thanks to the Tonga Hut, Kelly and the artists!
And, of course, thanks to Grog for organizing the event and Jeff for spinning the great sounds.

It's always a thrill to be out amongst such fine tiki folks.
I'm especially happy that I had the chance to finally "officially meet" a number of people I've seen at past events.

Wonderful people, drinks, art, music... and even baked treats.
Well done, everyone!

[ Edited by: Capt. R.H. Falernum 2009-12-14 11:48 ]

K

First time for me visiting the Tonga Hut - my friend I came with (Jim West, "Weird" Al Yankovic guitarist) had never been either but said he's passed by it a million times. BTW, BTD played a couple tunes from Jim's Slack Key Christmas CD, did you notice?

Anyway, had a nice time and met some wonderful people including BTD, Sven, and 2 lovely ladies Tiff and Tonya. Will definitely be back!

Aloha,

Mitch

Ugh...I suck, I can't believe I missed this and I'm just down the street.
New Year's resolution! Make time to check out events on TC and then go!

M
Murph posted on Mon, Dec 14, 2009 3:32 PM

Thanks Grog, Jeremy, Jeff, Kelly and all the vendors.
I had a great time and picked up a couple cool pieces for the Womb.

Kirby, the "Drooling Bastard" signed looked excellent.

[ Edited by: Murph 2009-12-14 15:32 ]

[ Edited by: Murph 2009-12-14 15:33 ]

Cheeky, I even texted you to remind you.
yeeesh.

thanks to everybody for the nice comments.
I like x-mas music, but I don't think I have ever played that much in one day. and I threw in some Exotica etc.. to mix it up a bit.

Thanks to Grog and Jeremy for having me again, I really do appreciate it.

And Wow!! The 2 drinks I had of Kelly's were really good.
the Mug Cracker and the Hipalicious I believe its called.
very good. Kudos to you Kelly.

Great art by everybody.

and next time, no cookies right in front of me.
I had at least one of everything, and about 1 Lb. of Kirby rice crispy Moai. aka sugar overdose. my head still hurts.

Jeff(btd)
and P.S. next year has to be on a Sat. not a sunday after Spermy's party.
as Everybody was seriously draggin thier butts after another amazing Blow hole party.

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2009-12-14 16:12 ]

K
kirby posted on Mon, Dec 14, 2009 4:12 PM

Great time once again!! the art was top notch Thanks for the vote for best tiki kuki even though it wasnt realy a cookie..I didnt have a chance to take a pic of it at the TH before BTD Ripped its head off but here is some pics i took in the kitchen before the show..

P.S. Thanks Claudette from fluff for the awesome wahini bust, its amazing and i will put it in the rumpus room..And thanks Polynesiac and tiki tony for the great tiki pendants

Kirby's Island.com****The Tiki Adventure

[ Edited by: kirby 2009-12-14 16:27 ]

Well, if ya weren't there you missed the GOOD TIMES! Thanks Grog and the Tonga Hut for putting together another wicked awesome Tiki Wonderland.
Thanks also to all the peeps who stopped by to say "hi" and check out what I've been up to tiki wise. I hope you all enjoy your x-mas tiki pendants!!!

Here's a few pics the wife and I took:

Kirby's winning rice crispy treat moai (after BTD bit the head off)

The ritual sacrifice of the crispai (before being doled out the waiting masses..):

The bar got pretty packed!

Holiday time and tiki

It was great to catch up with old friends and meet new ones! I look forward to the next time! Mele Kalikimaka!

Ha!!
damn caught in the act.

sorry Kirby.
Grog said it was ok to eat everything on the table.
:wink:

Jeff(btd)

G

Had a great time, too bad we had to leave so early.
One Hipalicious and I was getting loopy.

Good times, good art.

G
GROG posted on Tue, Dec 15, 2009 4:16 PM

On 2009-12-15 16:07, Hula Lula wrote:
Hi Everybody!
Here are some pics I took from the event.
It was really fun, great tunes to set the mood from Jeff
and Kelly's drinks were amazing as usual!!
I had a Voodoo Grog and LapuLapu, delicious!

Thanks, Ernie for putting together a great show.
I love your new Moai salt and pepper shakers!

Claudette

Moved this over from Hiphipahula's thread for Claudette.
GROG like sharing table with Jason and Claudette. Lot's of boobies. :)

GROG

[ Edited by: GROG 2009-12-15 16:17 ]

Great pics claudette - it was nice meeting you the other night!

Whose velvet paintings are those ?? I missed the Tonga ...dang nabbit!!

The Tonga Hut filled up fast so I didn't take a lot of pictures but here are a few ~

I think it was mandatory that everyone take a picture of this little lady. :down:

It was a lot of fun. Thank you GROG, Jeremy, Kelly and BTD! :)

M

On 2009-12-15 16:16, GROG wrote:
GROG like sharing table with Jason and Claudette. Lot's of boobies. :)

Pecker shakers and boobies your table had everything covered. :D

G
GROG posted on Tue, Dec 15, 2009 10:13 PM

On 2009-12-15 22:04, Murph wrote:
Pecker shakers and boobies your table had everything covered. :D

One was inspired by the other.

[ Edited by: GROG 2009-12-15 22:15 ]

Lets stay focused now ...velvets?

G
GROG posted on Tue, Dec 15, 2009 11:38 PM

The velvets had boobies, so we are staying focused. We're just focused on the boobies.

Jason (Iokona Ki'i) did the velvets. Look at the bottom of page 6 on this thread or check his thread:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=30532&forum=18&vpost=499184

GROG

[ Edited by: GROG 2009-12-15 23:49 ]

Amber Skowronski her BF, K and I had a great time. Thanks again to the Grog and Tonga Hut for putting this together. Kelly was workin her arse off and Jeff was sittin on his arse all night spinnin some great tunes. It was great seeing folks and sampling and sampling and re-sampling all the cookies. Thanks to everyone who made it out!
I forgot a camera, so no photos of the whole booth with Amber's paintings or the THIRSTY shirt, but Tiki Tonga just sent me some snaps of the table.

Happy holidays everyone!

Good times, great drinks, great art, great tunes, and great ku-kies!
Mahalo Ernie, Jeremy, Kelly, and BTD! That was fun!

off with his head!!
or at least the top of it.

Jeff(btd)

G
GROG posted on Fri, Dec 18, 2009 7:28 PM

Hey Jeff, Here's Kirby's sentiments:

that I did,
ha ha ha.
well about 1/5th of it.

Jeff(btd)

K
kirby posted on Fri, Dec 18, 2009 8:37 PM

I think someone got to the guys as well.

See, I was just doing what was historically correct.

Jeff(btd)

Hungry Mungry!

PS - Kirb - I like that skull krispy treat in the background

This is what Jeff BTD actually looks like under his "human" costume:

Never tell him "It is OK to eat everything on the table". :D

I was so proud I made it to the Hut that evening, after I had just landed from Berlin at 2:00 pm. But I must apologize for not making the rounds as I intended to. Somehow I sat down at Grog's table and never got up. It must have been the 12 hour flight, combined with the fact that my wonderful Wahine welcomed me not only with a Sushi Eel bowl, but also hot sake and Sapporo beer for nourishment. So I already was a bit of a Zombie when I walked in and sat down. Then Miss N. brought me one of Kelly's yummy concoctions, and after half of that, I felt so comfortable in that booze ...I mean BOOTH, staring at Grog's happy Java Bob's...

...and those girls on the other end of the booth seemed to wink at me...

...at least the one on the right!

But I had a little trouble with focus...anyway, I went home with her. And on my way out, I mustered up the strength to lift my camera to lay testament to (as has been noted again recently here on this board) what a great little jewel of authentic, vintage Tiki the Tonga Hut really is:

Ha!! yes I am the Cookie Monster, or at least he is my idol and favorite muppet.

I thought you seemed a bit subdued that night.

Jeff(btd)

Jeff, you got off easy you know, others have not been that lucky:

"The young man broke off a piece of the ear of a protected Moai statue on Easter Island last month. He was later arrested by local Chilean police."

http://www.eturbonews.com/2044/finnish-tourist-gets-punishment-after-vandali

:D

M
Murph posted on Tue, Jan 5, 2010 9:50 PM

This is a bit late but I got this great beachcomber style light from Polynesiac that night and finally got a pic of it up in Waikiki Womb.
It fits right in and looks like it's been there for years.
Thanks Polynesiac.

Pages: 1 2 3 128 replies