Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Basement Kahuna, 2 Carved Maori Warclubs For Tiki Central Sale

Pages: 1 6 replies

Aloha all..I am producing a v e r y small amount of Oceanic warclubs lately between finishing larger client orders. I don't often get to offer them to the public because I always stay behind on orders, but here are two exceptions!! The first is a Maori Taiaha, my sixth to date, and something that I truly love to make.. 57 inches, 350.00. A true weapon, balanced and fire hardened and polished from top to bottom. In very old black walnut. The second weapon with the bladed top is called a Tewhatewha, 44 inches, 200.00. This was a club carried by chiefs and denoted marshal authority. The feathers had two purposes, a signal much like a flag that could be seen from a distance, as well as a distraction to an opponent. The business end of the top of the club is acthually the straight back edge. The blade serves only as a weight to bring the backswing down harder. The sharpened end could be used to then dispatch the opponent. The single carving at the end of the weapon is typical for these. This one is in nicely figured antique cherry.

EEps-forgot-to purchase either of these clubs and become their chosen warriors PM me here at TC and I'll get you Paypal information. Aloha!

SOLD and SOLD! The Taiaha goes to our one and only agent provocatuer White Devil, and the TewhaTewha to our ocean scouting rennaisance man Traveling Jones. Thanks as always folks for being good patrons of the arts.. Crafting anything good is a time consuming thing that requires a lot of finesse and patience and your appreciation is always appreciated! The Whalebone piece is still for sale and a truly pretty thing that I have been wearing in the meantime..has great energy, so if it can find a similar buyer here I can promise you'll love it. Mahalo Nui and Aloha...Basement Kahuna

Boy those went fast! How do you say "bitchen" in Maori?

TD

is this one of yours?

B

Excellent detail on that one Tiki David, Where'd you find it.
Unless it is an Early one I don't think it is BK's style, but it is nice anyway!

found it last year at 'salvation army.'
stuck way in the back.

Pages: 1 6 replies